• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Talk Radio To Examine The Open Carry Movement On Wednesday Night 07/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

Unlike many folks who regularly post on OCDO, Black Dragon's efforts beyond the forum in support of both Open Carry as well as our broader Second Amendment rights have been nothing short of exemplary. If OCDO had ten more like him, we'd all be the better for it!

OCDO does not "have" him. We have his self-promotions.

I'd love it if he'd discuss OC with us here on OCDO. He, as is his right, chooses not to join in. I choose not to read his stuff. If he made a different choice, so would I.

sudden valley gunner

Any different than Dave Workman's blogging? Nope.

At least Chau is pro OC. I don't click on Workman's links unless it is a very intriguing topic. He isn't pro OC and has shown disdain for members of this forum, so I won't contribute to his click count. I won't buy his books either but someone who did, said one of the lines concerning OC was to grow up and get a concealed permit.

VW_Factor

At least Chau is pro OC. I don't click on Workman's links unless it is a very intriguing topic. He isn't pro OC and has shown disdain for members of this forum, so I won't contribute to his click count. I won't buy his books either but someone who did, said one of the lines concerning OC was to grow up and get a concealed permit.

I wonder then. Why he bothers to post links to his blog here, if he does not approve of OC.

I don't think its good for anyone that is pro 2A to knock on someone else who is pro 2A. OC or CC, or where you should carry etc.. Everyone is going to have there own opinions. The more we bicker amongst ourselves, the less ground we'll gain with anti 2A'ers

So anyway. While I might not always agree with what others post, I'll always try to find that common ground to help support our 2A rights.

More on topic : I got a chance to sit down and listen to that episode. (Its in the second half by the way, so you don't waste your first hour listening to blah blah blah) I was pretty disappointed in the light it was portrayed in by these "LEO" who run the program. They have a hard time not trying to talk over each other, let alone the person in which they are interviewing. One of them also mentioned that California has it pretty nice as far OC laws go (laughable at best). They all seemed slightly taken aback that in most states you don't need a permit to OC either.

Just kinda makes you wonder. I bet this attitude is with the majority of those who serve in LE roles.

sudden valley gunner

I wonder then. Why he bothers to post links to his blog here, if he does not approve of OC.

I don't think its good for anyone that is pro 2A to knock on someone else who is pro 2A. OC or CC, or where you should carry etc.. Everyone is going to have there own opinions. The more we bicker amongst ourselves, the less ground we'll gain with anti 2A'ers

So anyway. While I might not always agree with what others post, I'll always try to find that common ground to help support our 2A rights.

I believe the answer to your first question is "money".

I do think he is pro gun though. Just not in agreement with how many of us interpret and understand the meaning of the 2A.

I agree with your next few sentences too. And often am surprised by some CC guys attitude of OC. Fortunately most I encounter encourage it and like it but just don't feel it's for them.

Last edited:

pullnshoot25

I'm curious. Is the OP's shameless self promotion here and on other forums ever going to stop?

Who gives a crap? He does a lot for the cause behind the iron curtain and getting the word out there about it and all of us is pretty crucial. Most things OC have been here in CA, the bastion of liberalism, which is pretty counter intuitive to many on this board. Bringing light to that is a good thing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Previous statement on another thread - Examiners posting information or referring to such is NOT in violation to the rules or intent on OCDO.

Examiners perform a function that is timely, pertinent and appreciated.

What is not appreciated are the thinly veiled personal attacks, renewed on this thread - even after previous statement wherein this matter should have been put to rest.

Read the examiner's reports or not as you prefer, but this unpleasantness ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.