Thread: OC today

Centurion

OC today

So, I am working on a project in my garage with my 1911 OC'd on my hip. I hear a horn honk and see a large Brown delivery truck in front of my house. I go out of the garage into the front yard and I'm greeted by a man in a pair of brown shorts shirt with a package that he hands to me. Then he says, "THANKS FOR CARRYING. My employer won't let me." We commiserate for a short moment as I tell him that mine employer won't let me carry at work either.

All in all a good day!

Carry on

Great example joe thanks
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So, I am working on a project in my garage with my 1911 OC'd on my hip. I hear a horn honk and see a large Brown delivery truck in front of my house. I go out of the garage into the front yard and I'm greeted by a man in a pair of brown shorts shirt with a package that he hands to me. Then he says, "THANKS FOR CARRYING. My employer won't let me." We commiserate for a short moment as I tell him that mine employer won't let me carry at work either.

All in all a good day!
    Great story Joe. Thanks for sharing.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

When I used to work for WalMart I would nearly always approach OCers I saw and thank them for carrying. I always appreciate seeing an OCed gun and hope the people like the good interactions.

Carry on.

I love it when I see people OCing and given the circumstances of acknowledging each other, will strike up conversation if time permits.

Also, I've been a fan of Sigmanluke's ending line: Carry on, for the short time I've been here.

Centurion
    I went to a local burger joint (non- national chain) in PG last night for dinner. As I am sitting at the table by myself waiting for my order to be delivered another patron their with his family comments on my Kimber...."Nice Piece!" I smile and say "thanks"!

I do like Utah!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 07-28-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Had a very nice gentleman from New York approach me the other day--asked about my piece, Utah law, etc. It's always great to have positive input from others so I don't feel so alone. Have only seen one other person OC who wasn't undercover/plain clothed LEO. We need more of us in Ogden area, please.

Centurion
    Don't know how I can help you up there in Ogden except by promising to opencarry each and every time I am there.

BTW, Friday evening at the local discount movie house in PG as I was waiting for my turn to buy movie tickets a young man notices that I am OC'ing and quickly makes his way to me, changes direction about 4 feet from me to walk to my strong side as he asks, "What brand of 1911 is that?" I tell him. He tells me that he is partial to "COLTS". Bought my movie tickets and had a nice evening with the wife.