• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Score!!!!!!!!!!!

OldCurlyWolf

You are too paranoid, my friend. Comes from being a liberal who believes in the 2nd Amendment. I just filled out a 4473 for a new HD pump shotgun without giving it a second thought. Just as every time I buy a gun or every time I've applied for a CCW--including three times in the PDR of MA.

But what happened when you applied in Taxachussetts?:confused:

Polynikes

Citizen, let it drop, please. You are the only one concerned by his posting style, so it hardly seems worth making a big deal over. If a thread title doesn't grab your attention, or doesn't make you want to read it, don't click on the thread. It's quite simple. ;)

Now, back on topic:

Howdy Folks!
...Now I'm fretting about the rammifactions of OC'ing when I have a CCW permit!
I've seen threads from other parts of the country that suggest you can't OC if you have a CCW. Say what?
And I've seen some that suggest that some jurisdictions get really beligerent to a CCW permit holder if they weapon ever gets exposed.
What's up with that?
Then there are evidently some places where they'll give you a hard time just because the weapon is printing!
These things cause me to fret about CC'ing.

So my next question (whether completely logical or not) is:
Does Colorado really bother with such nonsense, or is it only the City and County of Denver that is likely to be problematic?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin, you have absolutely nothing to worry about as long as you stay out of Denver (no idea why you'd want to go there anway. :p) You've seen me open carry, though I do carry a CCW, and I've never been hasseled for it. Honestly, I've never even had an incident with law enforcement while wearing my firearm, so I'd say you're good to go, sir!

GvdM

Funny, but when I saw the title "Score!!!!!" the first thing I thought of was M-Taliesin got his ccw. Amazing, that is what it was. I think most regulars in this state forum probably understood that. But that is just me I guess. Either way, we are good, let's let this drop.

mahkagari

Citizen, let it drop, please. You are the only one concerned by his posting style, so it hardly seems worth making a big deal over. If a thread title doesn't grab your attention, or doesn't make you want to read it, don't click on the thread. It's quite simple. ;)

That.

JamesB

Now I'm fretting about the rammifactions of OC'ing when I have a CCW permit!
I've seen threads from other parts of the country that suggest you can't OC if you have a CCW. Say what?
And I've seen some that suggest that some jurisdictions get really beligerent to a CCW permit holder if they weapon ever gets exposed.
What's up with that?
Then there are evidently some places where they'll give you a hard time just because the weapon is printing!
These things cause me to fret about CC'ing.

So my next question (whether completely logical or not) is:
Does Colorado really bother with such nonsense, or is it only the City and County of Denver that is likely to be problematic?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Here in Colorado...

It seems that only a very select few of us ever even have problems with authorities at all while OCing. Being one of those select few, I can tell you that if you are hassled about OCing, showing a CCW will immediately diffuse the situation (should even work in Denver but I really wouldn't go that far). It may lengthen the conversation you have with the instigator wearing blue, but it'll be much friendlier. It's still your choice as to whether to converse with such people to start with, so I'll just leave that to your discression. Although, if anything like me, saying nothing actually requires practice.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

We've got joviality, conviviality, comraderie,

Howdy Amigo!
That's what I really like about the Colorado forum. Those adjectives apply well to the folks I've met in person since joining OCDO, I haven't yet met anybody from the Colorado contingent that I don't sincerely and genuinely like. We got a great group of folks around these parts. Granted that I haven't met evreybody from the Colorado board yet, but of those I have met, all of them are really terrific people.

There have been a few from other parts of the country that I don't think I'd break bread with, but even they are the exception rather than the rule. Just a couple of insertion points in search of an enema. Otherwise, everybody has been terrific; with the Colorado delegation leading the pack, IMHO.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Here in Colorado...
Although, if anything like me, saying nothing actually requires practice.

Howdy James!
Dude... we've met! What do you figure are my odds of saying nothing?
In fact, I can use that to my advantage. I can overwhelm them with a torrent of dialog at such velocity they soon wish they hadn't commenced any sort of contact with this particular gentleman! I can throw questions at them with such rapidity that they'd soon regret asking any of their own. It's a gift you find with radio talk show types. Give the other party just enough rope to hang themselves on the horns of a dilemna, then yank real hard on the other end!

Actually, it is a technique I've used on people peddling their particular religious perspective on Saturday mornings. Shortly after hearing their opening comments, they find themselves confronted with somebody who can outgun them easily with logic, reason and sheer verbocity.

One of these days, I'll have to share a tale or two of how I've used this 'gift' to run a few of those folks off. Them, and door to door solicitors.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Now, back on topic:

Howdy Polynikes!
Amen brother... Halleluia! Testify!
Now what were we talking about?

M-Taliesin, you have absolutely nothing to worry about as long as you stay out of Denver (no idea why you'd want to go there anway. :p) You've seen me open carry, though I do carry a CCW, and I've never been hasseled for it. Honestly, I've never even had an incident with law enforcement while wearing my firearm, so I'd say you're good to go, sir!

Agree about staying out of Denver, but sometimes business takes me there and I am sometimes unable to avoid the place.
Maybe I should wear my Judge in an OWB holster with a silk shirt. So long as it is covered, it can be considered concealed; despite the fact it would print like crazy. Hey... its concealed, no? And I have a permit here!

Sometimes lunacy benefits from having the badger poked.

Meanwhile, I have the advantage of having something to fret about! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Funny, but when I saw the title "Score!!!!!" the first thing I thought of was M-Taliesin got his ccw. Amazing, that is what it was. I think most regulars in this state forum probably understood that.

Howdy Pard!
Yeah, but you (along with them regulars) are impaired by common sense and a degree of courtesy. Others come along hoping to incite a fecal festival and derive some satisfaction for an impaired ego. You've seen the type. They stir the pot simply because they can't abide serenity. Once they have made a topic of themselves, with mission accomplished, their existence validated, they move on to new conquests. People of that ilk often end up being elected to congress!

Anyhow, I've had my CCW for more than 24 hours and haven't had any hassle yet, so I must be good to go. I did have a certain period of time where I fretted that the sheriff would wake up the next morning and ask himself "Why did I issue him a CCW? What was I thinking?" and get a call asking me to return it. But now that I'm almost 48 hours with one, figure that ain't likely! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Gunslinger

But what happened when you applied in Taxachussetts?:confused:

Coming out of the Air Force as an Officer, Aviator and combat vet, got my first one issued where they were almost never granted, Sudbury, MA. Chief of Police said it was one of three he had granted in six years...Renewed in Norfolk, MA--piece of cake in Norfolk County. When at Hanscom AFB in the 2002-2005 era, had no problem with a Non-res--handled by the State Police who have no ax to grind.

Dynamite Rabbit

Maybe I should wear my Judge in an OWB holster with a silk shirt. So long as it is covered, it can be considered concealed; despite the fact it would print like crazy. Hey... its concealed, no? And I have a permit here!

My wife works on the 16th Street Mall downtown, and I carry regularly there exactly like this. I wouldn't worry about printing.

mahkagari

I've got some gauze shirts like that. Especially on a sunny day.

M-Taliesin

My wife works on the 16th Street Mall downtown, and I carry regularly there exactly like this. I wouldn't worry about printing.

Howdy Pardner!
I stumbled upon a fellow in Highlands Ranch who will make custom holsters. He had one made of kydex for the Judge. He demonstrated it by putting it on with his shirt covering. It is almost impossible to tell that he has the Judge on his person. I'm getting me one of them!

So I may end up carrying the Judge now and again knowing it won't show if I do. Who'da thunk it? Conceal carry a Judge?
Mine is one with a 3" cylinder, so is a larger model of Judge. If I can carry it concealed, and it won't show, that's totally awesome IMO.
I don't believe printing will be a problem with that rig he showed me today!

Thanks for your reply amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin