• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(((Bravo Portland Press Herald)))

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's the next two paragraphs that contain the real money quote:

In any case, his bloody attacks raise a question that is being asked with more frequency than before: How can free societies defend themselves from those who use their liberties to plot and carry out deadly assaults on innocent people?

Tragically, it is a far easier question to ask than it is to answer -- but part of the response has to be that giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win. [emphasis added]

What seems to my mind to be a tragedy piled on top of the original tragedy is that I'll bet the newspaper does not understand what they are saying.

stay safe.