Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 2 robberies at gunpoint.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    82

    2 robberies at gunpoint.

    Just heard on the news, in two separate incidents, two people were robbed by 3 masked gunmen. And now they know why people OC.

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    You are on the same page as many of us Gary. How "they" feel is a different beast, you will find that often it is fruitless arguing with anti's they will rationalize every incident and find unrealistic applications for their theories.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Surely you aren't referring to, "You will get shot first if you open carry" do you?!?
    Yep and along with, everything would have been worse if the victims were armed.

    This could be a fun game how many strawman fake arguments can we find. LOL.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156
    Any more information on the 3 masked gunmen? I would like to read more. Where did this happen at?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gig Harbor, Washington, USA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    My favorite: This isn't the wild west anymore. And they are right. The wild west was much safer than now because EVERYONE open carried.
    My favorite as well, the percentage per capita of violent crime during the "wild" west was far less then it is today. But don't bother trying to explain that to any anti's. I swear they all have very selective hearing.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

  6. #6
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin View Post
    My favorite as well, the percentage per capita of violent crime during the "wild" west was far less then it is today. But don't bother trying to explain that to any anti's. I swear they all have very selective hearing.
    There was less "capita" as well.

    Also no government welfare programs that promoted the large "single parent" family.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    82
    For some reason I couldn't find a story. It happened in Kent or Auburn.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by gaarry View Post
    For some reason I couldn't find a story. It happened in Kent or Auburn.
    Armed robbers strike Maple Valley gas stations


    MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. -- King County sheriff's deputies are looking for several bold robbers who hit two gas stations early Wednesday morning in Maple Valley.
    ...

    Just two days ago, a couple of armed robberies happened at gas stations in Federal Way. Again, similar situations: three suspects armed with guns and wearing masks robbing a gas station in the early morning hours.
    ...
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.


    Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

  9. #9
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Conveinance store owners make it all to easy for robbers to get away with robbery. First off they use the cheapest cameras they can, if any at all. They dont install enough and put them way away from being able to be usefull. Seems like an enclosed bullet proof cage and the ability to lock the doors would stop this.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  10. #10
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    Conveinance store owners make it all to easy for robbers to get away with robbery. First off they use the cheapest cameras they can, if any at all. They dont install enough and put them way away from being able to be usefull. Seems like an enclosed bullet proof cage and the ability to lock the doors would stop this.
    Most chain convenience stores limit the cash to a level that it isn't really that worthwhile for stickup artists. Most of the cash is dropped into the safe and when more is needed for change they have to wait for the safe to dispense small amounts.

    Clerks are told to just give, don't resist. Even if "man traps" were installed (like NYC Diamond merchants use), the best cameras available used, and armed guards were kept on premises, the only result would be more expensive products. They'd rather just write off the "casualty loss", that insurance doesn't cover, on their taxes rather run off customers with even higher prices.

    Just a business decision.

    Now if they would allow "Volunteers" to hide out like NYPD Stakeout Cops, and blow the armed robbers out of their socks while in the act, they may not go wanting for volunteers.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  11. #11
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    I hate the fact where I work there are no cameras at all. Any chance of identifying the robber lies with whatever witnesses are left alive and have a descent memory.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •