• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 robberies at gunpoint.

Px4er

Just heard on the news, in two separate incidents, two people were robbed by 3 masked gunmen. And now they know why people OC.

sudden valley gunner

You are on the same page as many of us Gary. How "they" feel is a different beast, you will find that often it is fruitless arguing with anti's they will rationalize every incident and find unrealistic applications for their theories.

kenshin

My favorite: This isn't the wild west anymore. And they are right. The wild west was much safer than now because EVERYONE open carried.

My favorite as well, the percentage per capita of violent crime during the "wild" west was far less then it is today. But don't bother trying to explain that to any anti's. I swear they all have very selective hearing.

amlevin

My favorite as well, the percentage per capita of violent crime during the "wild" west was far less then it is today. But don't bother trying to explain that to any anti's. I swear they all have very selective hearing.

There was less "capita" as well.

Also no government welfare programs that promoted the large "single parent" family.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
For some reason I couldn't find a story. It happened in Kent or Auburn.

Armed robbers strike Maple Valley gas stations

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. -- King County sheriff's deputies are looking for several bold robbers who hit two gas stations early Wednesday morning in Maple Valley.

Just two days ago, a couple of armed robberies happened at gas stations in Federal Way. Again, similar situations: three suspects armed with guns and wearing masks robbing a gas station in the early morning hours.

amzbrady

Conveinance store owners make it all to easy for robbers to get away with robbery. First off they use the cheapest cameras they can, if any at all. They dont install enough and put them way away from being able to be usefull. Seems like an enclosed bullet proof cage and the ability to lock the doors would stop this.

amlevin

Conveinance store owners make it all to easy for robbers to get away with robbery. First off they use the cheapest cameras they can, if any at all. They dont install enough and put them way away from being able to be usefull. Seems like an enclosed bullet proof cage and the ability to lock the doors would stop this.

Most chain convenience stores limit the cash to a level that it isn't really that worthwhile for stickup artists. Most of the cash is dropped into the safe and when more is needed for change they have to wait for the safe to dispense small amounts.

Clerks are told to just give, don't resist. Even if "man traps" were installed (like NYC Diamond merchants use), the best cameras available used, and armed guards were kept on premises, the only result would be more expensive products. They'd rather just write off the "casualty loss", that insurance doesn't cover, on their taxes rather run off customers with even higher prices.

Just a business decision.

Now if they would allow "Volunteers" to hide out like NYPD Stakeout Cops, and blow the armed robbers out of their socks while in the act, they may not go wanting for volunteers.

amzbrady

I hate the fact where I work there are no cameras at all. Any chance of identifying the robber lies with whatever witnesses are left alive and have a descent memory.