Thread: Jeopardy! host injured after chasing burglar

Ohio, USA

Jeopardy! host injured after chasing burglar

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek says he snapped his Achilles tendon while running after a burglar who had stolen cash, a bracelet and other items from his San Francisco hotel room.

The 71-year-old Trebek tells KGO-TV that he also injured his other leg while falling down during the chase early Wednesday. He was on crutches later Wednesday when he hosted the National Geographic World Championship at Google headquarters in Mountain View.

San Francisco police Lt. Troy Dangerfield says 56-year-old old Lucinda Moyers was arrested on suspicion of felony burglary and receiving stolen property. The cash and bracelet haven't been found but other items were recovered. Dangerfield says officers found several items near the hotel ice machine.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quarryville, PA
    Answer: Woman who is going to jail for a long time for trying to rip off Alex Trebek. (play Jeopardy theme)

Question: Who is Lucinda Moyers?

Good that he was able to fight back and that the thief was caught. Do you all think she will receive a stiffer sentence because he is a celebrity? I don't think that would be right but I see it happening.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-27-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Sounds like the mind was willing but the body wasn't able. Tough break.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!