• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to Disarm at IDFG Bowhunter Education Class - Refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornfedinOhio

Here is a link of a person that would love to hear your thoughts............https://www.facebook.com/sarah.brady.330
.....I clicked the wrong link. This wasn't aimed at self preservations post.

I think teachers should be required to be armed. No active shooter event would ever take place at a school. If you want to be safe then carry every day. I find it odd you carry but your students shouldn't? Who made you god? What trait of magical judgment do you have?
We are all created equal.
We all have the right to self defense.

The end result is he attended your class and shot no one. I think it shows amazing restraint on his part.

Last edited:

MKEgal

kc215 said:
Here in KS, KDWP was of the opinion that if it wasn't approved in regs, it was illegal. IE, hunting with a suppressor. Legislators had to make a law stating hunting with a suppressor was legal.
:banghead:
The way laws work in the USA is that if something is not specifically made illegal, it's legal.
If there's no law against something, it's legal.
Whoever was interpreting the laws needs a refresher course.

Show me the law that says it's legal to eat lasagna on Tues. night?
Yet I did. Where are the cops?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The way laws work in the USA is that if something is not specifically made illegal, it's legal. ...

Without seeing their hunting regulations, I can't determine if this is valid for this circumstance or not.

Since hunting is a licensed activity, their hunting regulation may specify what a legal weapon is. If so, and if suppressors aren't mentioned, one can argue they are illegal for hunting.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kc215
Here in KS, KDWP was of the opinion that if it wasn't approved in regs, it was illegal. IE, hunting with a suppressor. Legislators had to make a law stating hunting with a suppressor was legal.
The way laws work in the USA is that if something is not specifically made illegal, it's legal.
If there's no law against something, it's legal.
Whoever was interpreting the laws needs a refresher course.

Show me the law that says it's legal to eat lasagna on Tues. night?
Yet I did. Where are the cops?

Gee, [strike]Toto[/strike] MKEgal, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore :lol:

Some huntng regulations state specifically what style/type of gun/tool may be used. All others are a violation. I grant you that use of a supressor might be a stretch with some regulations/laws.

saiga12boy

I guess its time i replied since im the one being accused. First of all lets set this straight , at no time did i tell this individual he couldnt carry a loaded firearm, i have a CCW....and am ex law enforcement. i am well aware of the laws. This clown decides to exagerate the issues greatly, understandable, you have a very insecure man carrying a loaded firearm to a Bowhunter education class....his reason Protection????!!!! FROM WHAT? What next let his kid carry a nine milli into kindergarten for show and tell? I have waited to post this in accordance with Fish and Game request, since its over and this individual basically made a fool of himself...i can now post. Fish and game do not like loaded weapons in classes for very obvious reasons and if i have to go into that, well you need more education on firearm safety....I at the time had the authority to pull the class because of this individuals silly actions, but i was not going to make 30 other people who wanted to bowhunt suffer through another year as these classes are limited. This kind of individual is the kind that give liberals of all kinds of something to hang on to, its hard enough to keep our firearms and carry much less have to deal with this kind of ignorance....his thought...hey its a hunting class ill go make a statement as if it was a frikking fashion statement. its ok pal....we all understand your small mans syndrome to have to carry a loaded firearm in a classroom to protect yourself. Not only was this dangerous, it put every person in that classroom at risk, nobody knew this guy or his training, in conclusion this was an attempt to defame a volunteer instructor who gives his free time to help others get what they need.....i dont get paid for this, i do it because i want to give back to all the hunting ive enjoyed in Idaho and wish to preserve our right to archery hunt in this state by teaching good hunting ethics safety and survival.....so as i can see it really bothered this clown .....i surely hope the anti gun people dont run into this guy....he would be their poster child as to why we shouldnt be allowed to carry, and if i was one of them i wouldnt blame them, this citizen is a poor example of why we should retain our right....Oh yeah by the way.....i am from California, great place to be from, And i am a combat vet who fought for the right to even be able to respond to this insecure individual.......hey next time maybe you can go to Chuck E Cheese and scare the mouse you just never know what he might pull on you.....unbelieveable. I am not employed by fish and game and this rebuttal is purely my opinion.....I will continue to teach as there was no reprimand, all i was told was next time ask them to leave if they dont shut the class down.....i think that pretty well sums it up....amazing when you hear both sides.
So when someone does something that you disagree with you insult them? What a GREAT way to win arguments. And you seriously would say that on a website that promotes open carry. You were probably thinking this.... i'm going to go on a website and insult a person there along with everyone else on the websiteand try to get them to agree with my side. HMMMM, good luck with that.
It is good hearing both sides of the story. It proves that one side is vastly superior to the other.

Last edited:

bad_astronaut

Bottom line through all the BS here....Idaho fish and Game DO NOT want loaded firearms in the hunter education classrooms...PERIOD......for obvious reasons...nobody knew this individual...holstered or not its loaded....nobody knew his training, or anything else about him ....it is the obvious right of the instructor in the classroom to ask the man to unlaod the firearm.....as far as me being rude.....well maybe i sense of humor isnt his cup of tea...to each is own....i am no where near anti gun and to assume so is very ignorant on your part......i am as pro gun as any one....i believe we have the right to own and carry....but i also believe in safety and prudence....somebody telling me that they are wearing a loaded firearm for safety in a bowhunter education class...Lame......so save the rhetoric.....the weapon should have not been loaded, and had no reason to even be there......call it strwmans argument...doubt my background....all that other BS you guys do in these forums to protect buddies and what have you.....Handguns should not be loased in classrooms with kids in them...or anyone else for that matter....for OBVIOUS safety reasons....and anyone that doesnt understand that i find disturbing if they carry....my point is made ....im out.

All these ellipses... is this what... movie scripts look like... for William Shatner...?
I do understand why open carry makes you uncomfortable, it is caused by your ignorance on the matter. Discomfort can be positive, it is stress that allows us to grow and adapt, to question deeper issues, to examine the validity of our beliefs.

Last edited:

FTG-05

Class rooms are the pinnacle of safety. There's never any shootings there, except columbine, Georgia tech and Chardon to name a few.

The obvious safety is not so obvious to me.

And you can now add Newtown to the list. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.