• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is B.S.! There's an issues with my CCW application!

Terminal Velocity

Its not about the level of the crime, or the fine paid/time served for it-its about the type of crime, and how a lot of folks reviewing applications view it in relation to what it says about you- the person. I've seen even more minor crimes muck folks up for even a Secret clearance app.

Well funny you say that because I received my Secret Clearance without issues when I was with the D.O.D..... same background.

MKEgal

You really think a 3rd degree Misdemeanor, or what ever it is, will nullify your chances of getting a CWP!?
My FL permit was delayed because I'd been wrongfully arrested,
for something police aren't allowed to arrest for,
that isn't a crime (which is why they can't arrest for it),
that didn't result in charges,
that did result in that city paying out after a federal civil rights suit.

Other than that & a couple tickets each for speeding & parking, my record is completely spotless.

I emailed FL a scan of the letter from the district att'y & pointed out where he said what I did wasn't a crime, pointed out where he said he wasn't charging or ticketing me for anything, & my permit arrived a few days later.

Skid pointed out that you didn't follow directions,
& others have pointed out that you do have a background they need to investigate.
So send them the documentation you forgot earlier & get control of your temper.