• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ish I was back in Washington State

SSG Riser

Well I just moved from Washington State where I have lived for the past 4 years while stationed at Fort Lewis now called JBLM. I opened carried everyday after work and on the weekends. I really miss that here in Oklahoma. I mean wow you can buy almost every weapon known to man here with little or no hassle but try and find a range other than the one on Fort Sill and you will have to drive 50-100 miles to find one. I know one is being built in walters but who knows when that will be open. I can't open carry here and if you have been to lawton you know that we should open carry everywhere here. I mean Lawton actually looks like a third world country. It's been in the triple digits for the last month, there is a fire ban at the onpost range. There is nothing to do within the city limits you have to drive to wichita falls or OKC to find something to do unless you have a drug habit. I have now come to the realization that the Army sent me to my version of hell. I moved into a nice town called geronimo which is outside of lawton and only .5 square miles and no atm. only to find out that 2 doors down from me lives a worthless excuse for a Soldier who beleives since he owns his hous that his dogs have the right to deficate wherever they want to include my yard. I asked nicely for them to keep there animal in line and there response was we have more rights than you, the dog has lived here longer and they own there house so they can do as they please, this was while the dog actually deficated on my back yard 10 feet from me so my wife gets mad and attempts to shoe the dog away with the broom. that night I started googling oklahoma leash laws and couldnt find any so i called the local police station to find the answer and they said we will just send an officer to explain the laws for you, I said' ok. well police officer is an understatement they sent the chief of the geronimo police. since he is the only paid LEO in geronimo. after I informed them I had a valid Washington CPL and I checked prior to coming to the state that it was excepted here and was currently carrying. I explained the situation, he gave me two options, 1. write them a ticket. 2. give them a verbal warning. I said just inform them of the law and ask them not to do it anymore. The neighbors got pissed after the chief informed them of what would happen if he had to come back out for this. The next morning I found my childrens pool toy innertubes slashed to ribbons and placed on the antenna of my explorer (anyone who takes their aggression and hate on a child or a child possessions should be shot" I reviewed the OK gun law and it states I can open carry on my property regardless if I am the owner or renter. I started wearing my firearm as did my wife while on our property, mowing the lawn sitting on the back porch ect. To our surprise the Chief of Police comes hauling into our neighborhood sirens a blarring and in full body armor and firearm drawn. He asked if I had brandished my firearm after I staed no he holstered and told me "I can't tell you not to carry on your property but your neighbors will continue to call if you continue". He went to the little ******* who i called the police on the dog and explained to them I was within my rights to carry they argued that the law stated it had to be concealed. Cheif of police returned the next day with the gun laws verified and showed them I was within my rights. Two days later someone "the Neighbor" slashed my kids new intex above ground pool but i couldnt prove it so to step up my defiance of these little punks I have moved my reloading station outside of my garage to withing full view of the neighbor and the neighborhood so they can watch me reload rounds as they come home from church on sunday. I cant wait to go back to Washington state, people just seem smarter there.

I have also filled out an application for the volunteer Geronimo police dept so hopefully I get it.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Sounds pretty nasty, but why put out another item to be destroyed, well with out a little help first like night video cameras or even infrared wildlife cameras that will take a pic upon movement, then at least you will have proof and then after providing law enforcement copies, since he is a so called soldier I would supply his First Sergeant Copies as well.

Find something else cheaper then your reloading equipment to let them destroy.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Hey, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the POS's next door. Like BD said get some wildlife cameras, and those motion activated spotlights. Keep OC'ing on your property, and maybe get a dog. Even a small yappy one
could help. Not to rub it in your face, but it's about 70 degrees here we're still waiting for summer.

I was offered a job at the school house, but because almost everything you said I turned it down. I would rather get food stamps.
PS. next time you do such a long post, think about some paragraphs. (Forum police off)
Good luck, and keep us updated inquiring minds want to know.

SFCRetired

Does no one remember the old, old childhood trick of filling a paper sack with runny excrement from any species, setting it on someone's doorstep, setting it ablaze, ringing the doorbell, and running like H...? You went to where you could observe without being seen and it totally made your year if the victim came to the door, saw the flames, and stomped on them barefooted.

Not that I would advocate any adult doing something like that.:D

Kryteon

I know how you feel about Ft. Sill. I spent my AIT (Artillery training) there a million years ago and it was the only time I considered going AWOL. It's a pit.

Your best move is to try and video your neighbors in the act. Leave something out you know they'll try and destroy, (and something you don't have an attachment too), then get them on camera. It may be hard work and inconvenient, but it's better than escalating things into violence.

I wouldn't have let them see me reloading. Now they know you have powder, (and other valuable equipment). People like that don't need that kind of information. I had a Comcast cable guy seeing me reloading one day and it's always bothered me that he knows what I have.

I hope Ft Sill, and your classless neighbors, don't get the best of you. (there are a lot of nice people in OK, I have relatives in OKC) :)

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Kryteon

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Want to really piss off the neighbor? Take it to his chain of command, if that fails, then JAG. Esp if you can back it up with video and pics.

Good luck, stay safe.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
M1gunner is spot on. Do the evidence thing with video, but more importantly go to his First Sergeant. This individual is representing your and my Army. If his 1SG has him as a borderline troop and now he is upsetting the community, he needs to be reined in. Involve your other more reputable neighbors to help w/letters supporting you position. His actually breaking the law off post is just as bad as on post. You know what to do.

KBCraig

Want to really piss off the neighbor? Take it to his chain of command, if that fails, then JAG. Esp if you can back it up with video and pics.

Exactly!

You said this was a soldier, so deal with him as a soldier. Leave the Geronimo PD "force of one" out of it unless there is immediate danger involved.

And by "chain of command", of course, I don't mean his commander or officers. I mean his platoon sergeant first, first sergeant next, and CSM if the nuclear option is needed. (I was a lieutenant, and had to LMAO one time when a crusty old Cavalry CSM kept a young know-it-all butterbar braced at attention for 15 minutes while he chewed his ass up one side and down the other.)

Difdi

Sounds pretty nasty, but why put out another item to be destroyed, well with out a little help first like night video cameras or even infrared wildlife cameras that will take a pic upon movement, then at least you will have proof and then after providing law enforcement copies, since he is a so called soldier I would supply his First Sergeant Copies as well.

Find something else cheaper then your reloading equipment to let them destroy.

Are non-lethal man-traps flat out illegal in Oklahoma? I imagine something like an indelible dye pack that liberally coats someone if they damage the object containing the dye pack might be amusing. And if the jackass is hot pink or neon purple head to toe, he'll have an interesting time explaining how that came to occur, especially if you can point to the fact that the dye pack would only go off on someone trespassing and vandalizing property...

Last edited:

amzbrady

I would toss a few hot dogs soaked with a laxitive around where the dogs deficate. Not enough to really make them sick, just enough so that they make a mess of their back end and would get it all over the owners house when they go inside or maybe even uncontrollably crap themselves inside the house at night.

The camera thing is really the best idea...

amzbrady

I would toss a few hot dogs soaked with a laxitive around where the dogs deficate. Not enough to really make them sick, just enough so that they make a mess of their back end and would get it all over the owners house when they go inside or maybe even uncontrollably crap themselves inside the house at night.<br><br>The camera thing is really the best idea...

amlevin

Fort Sill, home of the Field Artillery School. Just have have a class adjust one of their fire missions to target your a-hole neighbors yard and perhaps dogs. Training rounds should make just enough mess to get his attention without leveling the neighborhood.

OK, one could wish, couldn't they?

1911er

Fellow Okie!

To the OP I sincerely apolagize for you being sent to FT.sh*t Hole I mean FT,.Sill .As I was just down in your neck of the woods visiting Family I know what you mean about the heat. I was down there for 2 weeks and every day it was above 100 and the hotest was 114.
My family have lived in the Altus area for a long long time. I do like it down there but there was nothing better than coming home to WA. and feeling the nice cool rain.

Be safe and thank you for your service and dedication to our country.

hrdware

Not everyone is like your neighbor

First off, welcome to Oklahoma. I will agree that there isn't much going on in the Lawton area, but it has gotten better over the years. I live in the OKC area.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, but be assured not all Oklahomans are like that. I have some neighbors from OR that used to let their dog run the neighborhood and do it's business anywhere it wanted. It's a people thing and annoying as hell.

As far as the OC on private property goes though, it's kind of a fine line. Being in Geronimo, it's not such an issue, but in larger areas, it's more like you can OC on private property unless enough people complain about it, then you can get cited for disturbing the peace.

I know someone who lives down that way and I'll see if they know of any close ranges for you.

M-Taliesin

Does no one remember the old, old childhood trick of filling a paper sack with runny excrement from any species, setting it on someone's doorstep, setting it ablaze, ringing the doorbell, and running like H...? You went to where you could observe without being seen and it totally made your year if the victim came to the door, saw the flames, and stomped on them barefooted.
Not that I would advocate any adult doing something like that.:D

Howdy Amigo!
Wow... that's tame by my standards. We'd load the paper sack with a couple of M-80s with waterproof wicks.
Everything else the same, but when the intended target came running out, it didn't matter if he was smart enough NOT to step on the item.
Once the M-80s went off, more than his feet would be covered in nasty stuff. Makes a mess of the entire individual, from head to toe. Not to mention all that splatter on his door, exterior walls, windows, etc.

As I've told others, I was something of a ruthless child!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SSG Riser

thankyou all for your comments.
When it comes to involving chain of commands I usually shy away from that since my opinion is this is personal not business and never shall the two meet. The days get better as they go and since he is now scared shitless since the Chief of police informed him who my wife was in the military on Fort Sill (Chief of Criminal Law) which is and E-7/SFC slot and she is a E-5/SGT and that makes her first chair on all case against Soldiers and as golddigger14s knows my wife is undefeated in the courtroom and a redhead so life as slowly quieted down the last few days but im still pissed

The reloading staion is mobile i move it in and out of my garage. All reloading supplies are kept in 3 different safes seperate from other weapons or live ammo

tombrewster421

When it comes to involving chain of commands I usually shy away from that since my opinion is this is personal not business and never shall the two meet. The days get better as they go and since he is now scared shitless since the Chief of police informed him who my wife was in the military on Fort Sill (Chief of Criminal Law) which is and E-7/SFC slot and she is a E-5/SGT and that makes her first chair on all case against Soldiers and as golddigger14s knows my wife is undefeated in the courtroom and a redhead so life as slowly quieted down the last few days but im still pissed

The reloading staion is mobile i move it in and out of my garage. All reloading supplies are kept in 3 different safes seperate from other weapons or live ammo

Sounds like you've got a great wife! ;)

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Nail them bud! Let the ginger fly!

hermannr

If Ft Bliss is the behind of the Army, Ft Swill is the armpit. Been to both. I am assuming you wish to make a career of the military, and more power to you...after 7 years, I left the military behind at Ft Swill.

My recommendation is ask for transfer to AK if your MOS will allow it.

Last edited: