• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So.... You know that cop in OH that threatened to kill that CCW holder? Well......

ManInBlack

That jackass Harless needs to find another line of work if he is such a coward around guns. I suggest WalMart greeter; he'll still be able to act aggressively toward people while making unlawful demands for their receipts.

Mlutz

This is not a story about being caught "again" this is about caught before. Either way, the guy has issues... I'm staying out of Ohio. But its not just this, they ban "pit bulls" too.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
This is not a story about being caught "again" this is about caught before. Either way, the guy has issues... I'm staying out of Ohio. But its not just this, they ban "pit bulls" too.

yeah, caught before, but tapes finally released now. This guys a jack@ss

I suggest WalMart greeter; he'll still be able to act aggressively toward people while making unlawful demands for their receipts.

Careful now, Wal-Mart sells guns too, and when they leave the stores they are concealed in there boxes.....

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yea, somehow I am not surprised. Although this time the circumstances are quite different. Makes you really wonder what happened all the other times that resulted in 16 separate complaints about him before the Ohio incident. It's time for him to go.

littlewolf

Yea, somehow I am not surprised. Although this time the circumstances are quite different. Makes you really wonder what happened all the other times that resulted in 16 separate complaints about him before the Ohio incident. It's time for him to go.

Yes, to JAIL ! I'm sure there are people there he knows ....He wouldn't be lonely.

CCW412

Canton, OH City Council President Alan Schulman response to the backlash from the incident with the CCW holder!

Just listen to this S.O.B., its no wonder the officer acts the way he does! Sounds like a bunch of 2A hating good ol' boys just takin' care of their own!!!
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!:cuss:

[video=youtube;vBfpBxY2J00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfpBxY2J00&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ManInBlack

Canton, OH City Council President Alan Schulman response to the backlash from the incident with the CCW holder!

Just listen to this S.O.B., its no wonder the officer acts the way he does! Sounds like a bunch of 2A hating good ol' boys just takin' care of their own!!!
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!:cuss:

That degenerate deserves a horsewhipping and perhaps even a tar-and-feathering.

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, Mr. Alan Shulman,

How many folks live in Canton?
How many LEO's do you have on the police force in Canton?
How long is the response time on average once an individual notifies your LEO dispatch that they are being assaulted, mugged, car jacked, raped, kidnapped, murdered etc or just witnessed the same by an armed criminal?
How fast does the average bullet from a handgun travel for the first 50 feet?
HOW LONG AFTER THE CRIME IS COMMITTED AND THE VICTIM THAT RELIED UPON THE POLICE TO PROTECT THEM WILL THE POLICE ARRIVE? Will the criminal still be at the scene? BTW... the US SUPREME COURT has ruled that INDIVIDUAL have NO RIGHT TO POLICE PROTECTION!

Just what is wrong with a person taking personal responsibility for self defense and defense of loved ones?

A firearm carried by a lawful gun owner does NOT increase the rate of crime!

I am really sorry that your constituents have to deal with your mindset AGAINST THEM BEING ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN A CRISIS!

After all, in a crisis when mere seconds or parts of a second is the difference between life and death, the police are ONLY MINUTES away ON A GOOD DAY!

To the forum members, please accept my appologies... I know that I am preaching to the choir here.

As for the officer primarily involved in the incident that went viral, I hope he gets ALL OF HIS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS PROTECTED unlike his victim, the driver of the ca,r and when he is charged, tried, and convicted by a jury of his peers, and finally sentenced then I hope he does his time well. Also, I really hope that the CIVIL suit alleging violations of the driver's civil and constitutional rights for illegal search, terroristic threats, assault, battery, false arrest, kidnapping, and what ever else the OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER is alleged to have done in this situation is eventually heard and ruled upon by the courts, I hope that the defendant (read this as OEO, city of Canton, Police chief, and your insurance carrier) all pay well. But most importantly, I hope that you really learn your lesson about FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS and other RIGHTS OF CITIZENS!

Badger Johnson

Thinking this over, what is the actual beef. Nobody got tazed, or beaten or handcuffed and beaten, charges were dropped afaik.

So the officer has colorful language in reference to stops where a HG is involved - big deal, as long as it doesn't escalate. The fear of some is that the driver or threatened persons might take the officer's threats as real and shoot (prematurely) in defense of their lives and I'm not sure we could blame them. However, as it stands, and certainly in the unlicensed HG incident more forceful instructions are called for, it's a rather big to-do over very little actual damage to anyone. It's over the top, but I don't believe it's actionable. Stern reprimand stuff. The partner he has should be told to rein him in, that's for sure.

I think it would be -prudent- to re-assign him to desk duty, but other than that? IDK.

$.02

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Thinking this over, what is the actual beef. Nobody got tazed, or beaten or handcuffed and beaten, charges were dropped afaik.

So the officer has colorful language in reference to stops where a HG is involved - big deal, as long as it doesn't escalate. The fear of some is that the driver or threatened persons might take the officer's threats as real and shoot (prematurely) in defense of their lives and I'm not sure we could blame them. However, as it stands, and certainly in the unlicensed HG incident more forceful instructions are called for, it's a rather big to-do over very little actual damage to anyone. It's over the top, but I don't believe it's actionable. Stern reprimand stuff. The partner he has should be told to rein him in, that's for sure.

I think it would be -prudent- to re-assign him to desk duty, but other than that? IDK.

$.02

Wow...

If a citizen had said the exact same things to a police officer (especially regarding the citizen who had actually jumped through the hoops to be "permitted" to exercise his natural right), what do you think his punishment would have been? A stern reprimand? Or perhaps a fatal case of lead poisoning?

EDIT: And what, pray tell, is wrong with an unlicensed handgun in a vehicle? In free states, cops don't even give an unlicensed handgun a second look. And even if he was in violation of the law, the mere presence of a handgun (not being used or threatened in any act of violence) should not trigger that sort of response in a normal person.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Thinking this over, what is the actual beef.

If as an adult you can't answer this for yourself... you aren't going to find any answers on an internet forum.

This douche nozzle spends no time addressing the issue. He just rails on against the Constitution. He blames Citizens lawfully going about their business and ends with "I'm not against guns".

You get what you vote for.

Last edited:

CCW412

$.02

You know your right, Threatening to EXECUTE a law abiding citizen is really NO BIG DEAL!! ARE YOUR STONED??? When you are entrusted with a position to serve and protect the public, you are held to a hire standard that just your average Joe walking down the street! Every Law enforcement officer takes an oath to up hold the law and this officer has broken the law?!?!? I don't know what country you live in but here in The United States, this is an absolute abuse of power! This poor excuse for an Officer had 16 complaints logged against him and I bet it is only a mater of time until we find out much more about this Thug!

Packfanatic

Really?

$.02

Are your for real here? Lets conscider this scenario ... it is 2 am your wife is driving through Canton Ohio on the way to the Hall of Fame, she makes a wrong turn and ends up in a seedy area. This Leo comes along and starts harassing her for being a hooker, and discovers she also has a WI CCW permit. Now he is all over her. Can you imagine the psychological damage that could take place? You try to defend her and now he is all over you as well. He is a loose cannon and a desk job would be out of the question as well. I would not even want to talk to him on the phone.......

as for ""Nobody got tazed, or beaten or handcuffed and beaten, charges were dropped"" this is true but have you conscidered the ramifications of a menatl nature? This would leave me shaking in my boots becuase if you even were to flinch this loose cannon may use his cannon on you....

Last edited:

Packfanatic

Ugg

:banghead:

"I'll send you both to the grave."

There goes my chance to see Favre retire in Canton. Maybe the NFL needs to move the HOF to Green Bay! lol

The cnaton police dept had to shut facebook page down as well gotta love that. they will put it backup after this dies down.

may be a while heh?

Viper

While I don't agree with the LEO's handling of either documented case.....I hope both officers are fired and black listed.

I believe if the people stopped would have kept their mouths shut he probably wouldn't have went off like that. He fed off their fear IMO. They kept talking to him even after he made the threats.

"Don't talk to cops". Especially when they are going over the top.