• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So.... You know that cop in OH that threatened to kill that CCW holder? Well......

M-Taliesin

Thinking this over, what is the actual beef. Nobody got tazed, or beaten or handcuffed and beaten, charges were dropped afaik.
$.02

Howdy Badger!
When a police officer breaks the law, there is no law!
This man is guilty of (at minimum) felony menacing.
There are plenty of other laws that be violated with gleeful abandon.
And he broke those laws while wearing a badge? Really?
I haven't even begun on the whole civil rights violations!
The man handcuffed reported that he'd lost feeling in his hand.
He was subsequently treated at a local hospital for injury to his hand because the cuffs were too tightly bound.
The officer has an obligation to exercise due care of a subject in custody.
No, he didn't beat the guy, but nevertheless caused injury.

The beef is that the cop violated his own oath of duty.
To support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the state of Ohio.
Among others.

This ain't 1930's Germany.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

AaronS

Thinking this over, what is the actual beef. Nobody got tazed, or beaten or handcuffed and beaten, charges were dropped afaik.

So the officer has colorful language in reference to stops where a HG is involved - big deal, as long as it doesn't escalate. The fear of some is that the driver or threatened persons might take the officer's threats as real and shoot (prematurely) in defense of their lives and I'm not sure we could blame them. However, as it stands, and certainly in the unlicensed HG incident more forceful instructions are called for, it's a rather big to-do over very little actual damage to anyone. It's over the top, but I don't believe it's actionable. Stern reprimand stuff. The partner he has should be told to rein him in, that's for sure.

I think it would be -prudent- to re-assign him to desk duty, but other than that? IDK.

$.02

You got to quit smoking that stuff, it is starting to mess your head up.
:shocker:
I would bet you would feel differently if it would have been ME that told You that I was thinking about killing you, and that I would sleep just fine after I took you out. Or is that also OK by you? For the record, it is not OK, in any State in America.
This "cop" needs to be stopped now, before he does start killing people that piss him off...

HandyHamlet

I believe if the people stopped would have kept their mouths shut he probably wouldn't have went off like that. He fed off their fear IMO. They kept talking to him even after he made the threats.

16 complaints and two damning videos... The only thing feeding this psycho is 'roid rage, the little voices in his head, or most likely both.

No human being in his right mind would say this, especially on camera.

"I'll send you both to the grave."
- the criminal D Harless

ManInBlack

While I don't agree with the LEO's handling of either documented case.....I hope both officers are fired and black listed.

I believe if the people stopped would have kept their mouths shut he probably wouldn't have went off like that. He fed off their fear IMO. They kept talking to him even after he made the threats.

"Don't talk to cops". Especially when they are going over the top.

Then why did he fly off the handle just as much when dealing with the calm, lawful concealed-carrier? He was far beyond "over the top." I would argue that he was guilty of making felonious threats. But he'll never see the inside of a courtroom, because as one who wears a shiny piece of costume jewelry on his chest, he is immune from the laws that circumscribe the behavior of us mere mundanes.

MKEgal

CCW412 said:
Canton, OH City Council President Alan Schulman response...
Wow.
He thinks that armed citizens are the problem.
Citizens who have background checks, permits, follow laws...
From the video (taken by the camera in the POLICE CAR) it's clear the citizen was not the aggressor.

"At 1:30 in the morning, in a crime-ridden neighborhood..."
What better reason to be armed for your own protection?

"[citizens are saying] ...we want to be protected..."
Yet the city council president is against letting them protect themselves.

"these laws are completely insane"
I agree.
The notification law has to go.
The laws protecting officers when they behave badly has to go.

And while we're at it, that cop & that politician have to go.

From the article, spoken by the police chief:
Generally speaking, police officers who encounter a gun need to let the suspect know that they view it as a life and death situation, that they are taking control and that they will do what is necessary to make sure the gun isn’t used against them, other officers or bystanders, McKimm said.
Why can't citizens have the same protection from police?
Or criminals?
(And in some cases, as this recent one, they're the same thing by a different name.)

MKEgal

So the officer has colorful language in reference to stops where a HG is involved - big deal, as long as it doesn't escalate. The fear of some is that the driver or threatened persons might take the officer's threats as real...

Hint: it already escalated.
The officer escalated it once he started threatening the citizen.
Might even say once he started yelling at the citizen, who as far as I could see (on the video provided by the PD) was being completely cooperative the whole time.
(And a heck of a lot more respectful than the officer deserved.)

If the officer wants to turn the air blue back at the station talking about how stupid armed citizens are, he's welcome to. He can even rant about the best shot placement to ensure we won't take a breath ever again.
But threatening a citizen who's done nothing wrong???

As others have pointed out, if the tables were turned, or if that were one citizen threatening another citizen (with neither being employed by a LEA), I'm positive that the aggressor (in this case the cop) would be in jail fast & long.

Trip20

But threatening a citizen who's done nothing wrong???

I agree and I'll take that a step further to say it doesn't matter if the citizen is doing something wrong -- threats of that nature are abhorrent. The officer should remain professional through out detainment, investigation, and arrest (if warranted).

This officer is talking about murder. He also makes a point, in both of the videos released so far, to communicate the fact that he will lose no sleep over murdering the "stupid" citizen.

A citizen being disarmed, detained and restrained during an investigation is at the absolute mercy of the officer(s) on scene. This is usually not an issue as most officers conduct themselves professionally, use "sir" or "ma'am"...etc. However, this is a very vulnerable, uncomfortable and downright scary position to be in when the officer is displaying extreme behavior. The emotions one would feel have to come close to those experienced if one were a hostage receiving threats from their captor -- I can only imagine. I would be so angry afterward that I'd commit to spending every dollar, and every future dollar on making sure the offending officer was never in a position of power again.

HandyHamlet

This officer is talking about murder. He also makes a point, in both of the videos released so far, to communicate the fact that he will lose no sleep over murdering the "stupid" citizen...

I would be so angry afterward that I'd commit to spending every dollar, and every future dollar on making sure the offending officer was never in a position of power again.

10-4 Good buddy.

Viper

HH and MiB,

Hey, I totally agree that he went overboard on what he said.

The only point I was trying to make was that they kept on talking while he was ranting....I would have just clammed up.

He will get his...hopefully in a lawsuit or 2 (or 16).

oliverclotheshoff

This is not a story about being caught "again" this is about caught before. Either way, the guy has issues... I'm staying out of Ohio. But its not just this, they ban "pit bulls" too.

they call it Breed Specific Legislation i call it Bull Sh_t Legislation

HandyHamlet

Pitbulls SHOULD be banned.

From trying to sit on your lap. The family jewels must be protected. My friend's Pit thinks she is a lapdog. A lapdog with an anvil for a head.

Ouch.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Pitbulls SHOULD be banned.

From trying to sit on your lap. The family jewels must be protected. My friend's Pit thinks she is a lapdog. A lapdog with an anvil for a head.

Ouch.

haha nice yeah pittys haed a cinder block for heads thats for sure i will never own a different breed pittys for life