Thread: Pocket pistols in Georgia (Holster required?)

Red face Pocket pistols in Georgia (Holster required?)

I have a ccw permit in Ga. I was told (by a friend) that I MUST holster all weapons whether carried in the open or concealed, and that I must use some type of holster in my pocket to legally carry a pocket pistol (P238). I don't think that this is true as I have seen others put the pistol in their belt without a holster. Any one know the answer? Thanks...

It appears from my Google research that it used to be required to carry a firearm in a holster. It seems that is no longer the case. From georgiacarry.org:

Q: Do I have to use a holster?
    A: No

http://www.gacarry.org/cms/georgias-...ked-questions/
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-28-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It appears from my Google research that it used to be required to carry a firearm in a holster. It seems that is no longer the case. From georgiacarry.org:

Q: Do I have to use a holster?
    A: No

http://www.gacarry.org/cms/georgias-...ked-questions/
    Now the next question....

Why would you carry a firearm in your pocket WITH NOTHING to prevent the trigger from being inadvertently pulled? Just doesn't seem safe to me.

Of course

Perhaps you misread my intent. The question was MUST I to be legal. I have every intention of putting at least 1/16 of an inch of cloth between the safety and my trigger finger. and the P238 has a safety. All my other weapons, 9mm's have holsters and are used when I carry. Thanks for the answer.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob72 View Post
    Perhaps you misread my intent. The question was MUST I to be legal. I have every intention of putting at least 1/16 of an inch of cloth between the safety and my trigger finger. and the P238 has a safety. All my other weapons, 9mm's have holsters and are used when I carry. Thanks for the answer.
    Nope, did not misread your original question OR THE ANSWER it received. Just asked the NEXT question... just the way my mind works. Carry on!