• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pocket pistols in Georgia (Holster required?)

Bob72

I have a ccw permit in Ga. I was told (by a friend) that I MUST holster all weapons whether carried in the open or concealed, and that I must use some type of holster in my pocket to legally carry a pocket pistol (P238). I don't think that this is true as I have seen others put the pistol in their belt without a holster. Any one know the answer? Thanks...

JoeSparky

Centurion

Bob72

Of course

Perhaps you misread my intent. The question was MUST I to be legal. I have every intention of putting at least 1/16 of an inch of cloth between the safety and my trigger finger. and the P238 has a safety. All my other weapons, 9mm's have holsters and are used when I carry. Thanks for the answer.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Perhaps you misread my intent. The question was MUST I to be legal. I have every intention of putting at least 1/16 of an inch of cloth between the safety and my trigger finger. and the P238 has a safety. All my other weapons, 9mm's have holsters and are used when I carry. Thanks for the answer.

Nope, did not misread your original question OR THE ANSWER it received. Just asked the NEXT question... just the way my mind works. Carry on!