• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 AM Sat. 7/30 - RCD - Parham Rd @ I-95

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not as hot and humid as today (Friday 7/29) and not as hot, humid and thunderstorming as Sunday (8/1) are forecast to be.

After we have digested both the food (or chalk powder, as some seem to prefer) and the conversation, a vote will be taken about wandering down to the riverfront to watch The Dragon Boat Festival at Rocketts Landing

Dragon Boat Festival @ The Village at Rocketts Landing
211 Rocketts Way
Sat., July 30, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Chinese dragons invade the James River as the WhatIfCreditUnions.com Dragon Boat Festival brings competitors together in 40-foot, human-powered canoes decorated with ornate Chinese dragon heads. Led by the beat of drums, teams of synchronized paddlers will race these cool vessels 500 meters down the river. The Dragon Boat Festival takes place at Rocketts Landing on Saturday, July 30, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. Information at http://www.sportsbackers.org/events/dragon_boat.htm

The Sports Backers own, manage or partner with 40 different sporting events in the Richmond region
and The Dragon Boat Festival is one of the ones they own. Never knew you could "own" an event, but it looks like you can. Sports Backers is not known to be gun-friendly, so this may turn out to be a non-OC event. Please plan accordingly if you are considereing going/watching. There may be other areas along the river where viewing is not controlled by Sports Backers.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
See you there. Courtney is back from Maine.

Won't make the Dragon races as I'm going to range with #1 son.

Mr H

Was planning on heading down to freedom for the day, but my expected afternoon plans in the area fell apart due to the heat.

4-5 hours on the road for just breakfast (despite being with undoubtedly great company) is just a little tough to justify.

Still hoping to get down there at least once before mid-Sep...

sidestreet

It was a great breakfast...,

of course we really missed some of the regular crew, but speed was a rock, we couldn't get him to eat, good luck on the upcoming procedure. Riverrat entertained with some family tales of yore, Grape did a fair job of cleaning his plate before heading out to mangle brass, while Joe, Miss Kim, and I waxed tales of the Old West (End, that is), two wheelers, and night visitors.

The best surprise of all though was Miss Courtney's new "do"!!! It looks great, just like her! It was great to get back to RCD, I tried something a little different this time and it was really good. I think I'll get the same next time, so (hint, hint) here's looking at you, kids!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Not only do we do lunch every day, we wait around for you to show up on Saturday so you can order lunch and schmooze with us. What are you suggesting be done differently?

stay safe.

Yep....and since lunch this week is in Powhatan, the Nightmare should be especially late.

I'm gonna be really obnoxious this week. I just spent 3 grand on a new camera and the bears ain't posing!:eek:

All American Nightmare

We do lunch everyday - wherea been.
Working to support the retired folks who have nothing better to do with their time.:p

Not only do we do lunch every day, we wait around for you to show up on Saturday so you can order lunch and schmooze with us. What are you suggesting be done differently? stay safe.

What exactly to you two do to lunch everyday? :uhoh: Nevermind I really don't want to know.

Yep....and since lunch this week is in Powhatan, the Nightmare should be especially late.

I'm gonna be really obnoxious this week. I just spent 3 grand on a new camera and the bears ain't posing!:eek:
How is this different from any other week? :lol: If you were a little less grumpy the bears might pose.:D Yall three must be the three wise men. Now that is nightmare folks :uhoh::eek:

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Working to support the retired folks who have nothing better to do with their time.:p

Oh, I have much better things to do, but picking on you is so much fun that I put off doing the other stuff.

What exactly to you two do to lunch everyday? :uhoh: Nevermind I really don't want to know.

Don't know about Grapeshot. But I do lunch some time between 11 and 3, depending on how dificult it is to tear myself away from picking on you.

How is this different from any other week? :lol: If you were a little less grumpy the bears might pose.:D Yall three must be the three wise men. Now that is nightmare folks :uhoh::eek:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?90606-VCDL-Picnic-Richmond-Sat-Aug-6th-2011

Sheesh! I'll be so glad when he grows up enough to wear long pants and maybe keep track of his own appointments.

stay safe.