• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flashbang holster?

Polynikes

My wife is seriously looking at one of these.

It looks like a pretty neat concept and a very speedy draw with a little practice.

Any ladies have any experience with them, or any guys bought one for the significant other in your lives?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've contacted the appropriate authorities. Hopefully you will be receiving an answer shortly.

In the meantime, you migt want to have her practice putting her jacket on backwards.

No. Seriously. There are folks out there who can help. And they don't use butterfly nets.

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I showed it to my wife out of fun and she said "no way." I can't imagine that it would be comfortable in any way. How exactly would someone draw from this holster?

carsontech

Activist Member
My wife has one of these for our Keltec P3AT. She has only worn the Flashbang a few times. The first few times she tried it on, it fit perfect and you couldn't tell she had it on. Then our baby was born, some things grew, and now it doesn't fit too well, it wants to poke out sometimes. So FYI, in our experience, ginormous breast + Flashbang = not comfortable. :lol:

This is a DEEP concealment option. If for some reason you need to get into a building that they search your pockets and purse, this is an option. I do not condone breaking the law or ignoring private property owners rules.

Also, women's jeans have very tiny, tight, pockets. Sometimes a pocket holster wont fit for the wordrobe my wife is wearing, so she wears the Flashbag. We do have a Sneaky Pete "cell phone case" holster for such occasions, but sometimes, she just doesn't want anything hanging on here belt.

Now, this would all be moot if SC had open carry laws, because we also have an OWB Leather DeSantis holster for our P3AT. When I'm in a state that allows OC, I usually OC my main gun on my right side and OC the Keltec on my left side in a crossdraw cant.

Anyway, as a man that hasn't worn the Flashbang (atleast until I get man boobs and have to start wearing a "Bro"), that's what I noticed with the Flashbang. My wife lurks on here a lot, so maybe she'll chime in with her first hand review of the Flashbang.

Last edited:

Molly

Opinion from my first 5 days of wearing my new flashbang holster...

Hi, I happened upon this forum and thought I'd give my input since I finally purchased this after considering it for a couple of months.

I'm still getting used to this holster, but I think more so than other "traditional" holsters, one really has to figure out how to best wear this against their body. I think the type and fit of bra has a lot to do with how happy one will be with this holster; basically, the more sturdy your bra band is (underwire or not) the less the holstered gun will move around. The first day I wore it, I found myself adjusting the position often. The gun hangs at a certain level, but you can move it up so it tucks more into the bra cup or and you can also tilt it slighty up or down. I also found I had a spot that felt uncomfortable - almost like I was getting a bruise - by day's end. After the second day of experimenting, I realize the gun was definitely more comfortable higher inside the bra. It still moved a bit depending on what I was doing, though not as much. I ended up making a hole in the front of my bra (in the material between the cups) so the snap actually goes over the front of the bra and, instead going all the way over and snapping at the bottom, it snapped halfway down where the other part of the snap was poking through the little hole I'd made. That absolutely did the trick to keep it from moving anywhere, and I found the sweet spot it needs to ride in, as it has been comfortable all day today and I didn't adjust it at all. Of course, if the wearer only has bras that have a very small amount of material in the front, they wouldn't be able to stabilize it the way I did...but I think if their bra band is nice and snug (think of the importance of a sturdy gun belt - you need a well fitted - and preferably not flimsy - bra band! :)) they would probably still be able to tuck the holster higher to minimize movement.

The very BEST thing about this holster, though, is the concealability. It is absolutely undetectable and allows me to wear anything I want (except for a dress - though I suppose one could, but would have to call it the FLASH!!FLASH!!Bang):lol: While I do have plenty of "cover" AND a nice little easy to hide LCP, I would venture to say anyone "b" cup sized and up should be able to hide something small like an LCP...and that is assuming they wear close to the body clothing. If they don't wear skintight clothes, I think this holster would hide quite a lot - it is just in the perfect hiding place.

I've practiced drawing a bit. It is easy and don't have concerns about shooting my hand (or any other part of my body) as my left hand is out of the line of sight (it lifts the shirt and is out of the way) and the draw is straight downward (the downward pressure on the gun snaps it out of the kydex) and then sweeps forward to point in front, toward your attacker. Re-holstering is a bit more difficult than a traditional holster, but not hard. With my LCP, the back corner of the gun goes in first, (gun lined up underneath the holster, but at a slight tilt with muzzle toward the floor) and the rest follows, snapping into place. I think I read a concern somewhere about the slide moving as it is being reholstered, but when I do it, since it is backing in, there is no forward racking of the gun possible. In fact, there really isn't any sliding motion of the gun at all...it is different than other holsters. The gun is lined up as if you want to fit the top back corner of the gun right in and once that gets inside the kydex, the gun muzzle is raised to snap into place.

Shippng was quick. I was a bit wary, as I'd read complaints about eBay orders taking forever, but I ordered directly from Looperlawenforcement, and received it in about 1.5 weeks. That was including a special request for a longer snap strap due to the style of some of my bras.

I'm still in "test" mode since it has only been almost a week, but I am very pleased so far, now that I have found the one place I can hardly tell I am wearing it. I do not like purse carrying, which I had been forced to do a handful of times due to clothing issues, so I have now solved that problem. The holster I normally carry my LCP in is an Nighthawk by Ritchie Leathers (IWB clip), but I foresee the Flashbang becoming my main carry since it really is so unintrusive. I do have a concern about any effects on the gun's finish, since it is so close to my body, but time will tell...

And BTW, I don't feel "sexy" wearing this holster; I just feel sneaky...I know NO ONE* will detect it! (* husband not included ;))

Hope that helps! :)

Molly

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Molly,

Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!! I recommend putting at least your state on your profile. This will help others more accurately answer any questions you might have in the future.

Molly

You're welcome, and thanks for the welcome! I see this is quite a hopping place, so I will be perusing it when I can. :)