View Poll Results: Do you concealed carry part of the time?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I do not want to get a license/permit.

1 6.25%
  • No, I don't like to concealed carry for practical, tactical or personal taste reasons.

0 0%
  • No, but a permit is required where I live to OC so I got one.

0 0%
  • Yes, I carry on a permit some of the time.

14 87.50%
  • Yes, I concealed carry sometimes but w/ no license because it's legal where I am.

1 6.25%

Thread: Do you concealed carry part of the time?

Do you concealed carry part of the time?

I was just curious how many of the people on here only OC, and how many do some concealed carry and some open carry.

Plus to pick out whether it's a licensing vs. rights issue or practicality issue, I added some options.

conceal all the time...not yet brave enough for the transition...hopefully soon though.

There are a small number of times when it is better to carry concealed than openly. Just as there are an even smaller number of times when it is better (as in forced necessity) to not carry at all. But always in compliance with the law.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There are a small number of times when it is better to carry concealed than openly. Just as there are an even smaller number of times when it is better (as in forced necessity) to not carry at all. But always in compliance with the law.

stay safe.
    As I look above I see all southerners......
    Where I live it will be pretty much 100% concealed in the winter unless I'm inside and 75% open carry in the summer.

OC is mighty hard (and funny looking) when it's 20 below zero. Right now (we aren't allowed CC until after November) I bear it the best I can and OC until it's too cold to not wear a large jacket and don't carry after that. So, CC fills a definite need here.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-29-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    conceal all the time...not yet brave enough for the transition...hopefully soon though.
    Try it for one day. I bet it will be a really smooth day for you. It is likely that most people won't notice and those who do won't care. The best way to get started is to just do it. :-)

As for me, I am like skid. I typically only conceal when I am at an evemt that has a large number of people and it is difficult to control the enviroment.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Where I spend most of my time OC is not an option.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I OC most of the time because it is more convenient. I cover up when in large groups of people, just because it makes me more comfortable. I also cover when open carry is prohibited. Missouri has weird open carry laws that vary with municipality.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    Ditto.