• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you concealed carry part of the time?

Do you concealed carry part of the time?

• No, I do not want to get a license/permit.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, I don't like to concealed carry for practical, tactical or personal taste reasons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but a permit is required where I live to OC so I got one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I carry on a permit some of the time.

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Yes, I concealed carry sometimes but w/ no license because it's legal where I am.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

PracticalTactical

I was just curious how many of the people on here only OC, and how many do some concealed carry and some open carry.

Plus to pick out whether it's a licensing vs. rights issue or practicality issue, I added some options.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There are a small number of times when it is better to carry concealed than openly. Just as there are an even smaller number of times when it is better (as in forced necessity) to not carry at all. But always in compliance with the law.

stay safe.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
There are a small number of times when it is better to carry concealed than openly. Just as there are an even smaller number of times when it is better (as in forced necessity) to not carry at all. But always in compliance with the law.

stay safe.

As I look above I see all southerners......
Where I live it will be pretty much 100% concealed in the winter unless I'm inside and 75% open carry in the summer.

OC is mighty hard (and funny looking) when it's 20 below zero. Right now (we aren't allowed CC until after November) I bear it the best I can and OC until it's too cold to not wear a large jacket and don't carry after that. So, CC fills a definite need here.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
conceal all the time...not yet brave enough for the transition...hopefully soon though.

Try it for one day. I bet it will be a really smooth day for you. It is likely that most people won't notice and those who do won't care. The best way to get started is to just do it. :)

As for me, I am like skid. I typically only conceal when I am at an evemt that has a large number of people and it is difficult to control the enviroment.

Coach Ike

I OC most of the time because it is more convenient. I cover up when in large groups of people, just because it makes me more comfortable. I also cover when open carry is prohibited. Missouri has weird open carry laws that vary with municipality.