• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minimum age to OC in Colorado?

gunrunner247

According to the map on this site the minimum age is 18, but I want to be extra sure. I am turning 21 in a few weeks but not in time for my backpacking trip (Weminuche wilderness area). I am from Wisconsin, which is why I am not familiar with CO laws.

Since I will be under 21 I was wondering if anyone could help me find the exact up to date statute number so that I can print off a copy of it and keep it with me, it would really help put my nervousness at ease.

I am already aware the OC is not allowed in Denver but are there any other place I need to be aware of besides the regulars (gov buildings, schools, etc.).

livetrapper13

Minimum age is 18. I don't recall the statue number, but I am sure of it. As far as backpacking goes, in CO you can legally concealed carry if you are hunting, so just by a small game tag and you can concealed carry because you are "coyote hunting".

No Denver, schools (I think its w/in 500 feet), anyplace where federal employees work, and anyplace thats posted.

Have fun and remember to watch out for those big kitty cats we got over here!

gunrunner247

", in CO you can legally concealed carry if you are hunting, so just by a small game tag and you can concealed carry because you are "coyote hunting"".

That is pretty interesting and I would definitely look into that if I thought I would have somewhere to conceal it but due to the way my backpack fits (shoulder straps and waist straps) I wouldn't really have anywhere to put it.