• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Nemitz on gun ownership and self defense

ep0k

But the more I look back on the too-short lives of Renee Sandora, Amy Lake, Sarah Gordon and all the other innocent victims whose final moments were filled with that unspeakable mix of disbelief and terror, the more I'd like to see a surprise ending to these all-too-familiar tales.

I wish they'd had a gun.

Coming from Nemitz, that statement is downright shocking. He tried to cast Shane's OC advocacy as antisocial vigilanteeism in an article last year.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Obviously the solution to these testosterone-filled men who fail to obey all the laws currently on the books saying they should not shoot, stab, punch, kick, bite, or otherwise fold and/or mutiulate women is to pass some more laws that they will not obey. Why, once we have enough laws piled up in front of them, they will get so exhausted climbing over and trampling them that they won't have any energy left to assault these women. And let's have more workshops and posters and safe houses where these abused women can go to learn how not to be victimized again - presuming they survive the first, and next, and next time until they can get to one of those places.

Anybody with half a brain can see that!

Which, apparently, is what the folks making those sorts of comments are working with.

http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/why-the-gun-is-civilization/

[quote[Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.[/quote]

When reason (convincing someone to obey the law) fails, there is only one option remaining. It needs to be applied promptly and appropriately - beginning as soon after birth as is indicated by the individual. No, not all spoiled brats turn out to be wife-beaters or ax-murders, but darned few kids who had constant discipline* throughout their lives end up in one of those professions. If he didn't learn it as a kid, he'll have to learn it as an adult. Sorry, but it's not my fault that learning all at once all of a sudden is more painful than learning over a lifetime.

stay safe.

*Discipline does not need to be physical in order to be effective. Sometimes corporal punishment is the worst thing to use, but if there is no other way to get their attention and hold it it may need to be resorted to. Spankings, if done right, do not lead to boys becoming wife-beaters. Most of the time even when done wrong they do not lead to making boys into wife-beaters.