Thread: Can I obtain a Arizona CCW using my OR CCW?

Can I obtain a Arizona CCW using my OR CCW?

I'm having trouble confirming this -

The owner of one of the local gun shops here told me I could use my Oregon CCW to obtain an Arizona CCW. This doesn't seem right, but he says he is positive. I know I don't need a permit to carry in Arizona, but I want to have a valid AZ permit here either way. It has it's perks. My OR CCW is still valid, with a year or two left.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Here is a link to the requirements for getting a Non-Resident Arizona permit.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/N...entPermits.pdf
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Centurion
    Per Az law, as long as your current OR expired permit had a "testing or training requirement" all you need to do is send in a copy of your NON Arizona permit with your fingerprint cards and completed application form that AZ will be glad to send to you. Do a google search for Az gun permit and follow the link to the concealed permit section and make your request for the forms/packet using the online "Contact us" option.....

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Per Az law, as long as your current OR expired permit had a "testing or training requirement" all you need to do is send in a copy of your NON Arizona permit with your fingerprint cards and completed application form that AZ will be glad to send to you. Do a google search for Az gun permit and follow the link to the concealed permit section and make your request for the forms/packet using the online "Contact us" option.....
    I was bored so I did it for you USN. here is the Arizona CCW contact link.

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concea...apons/Contact/
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."