• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illegal Firearms confiscated?

okboomer

Wow! Trampling on someone's civil rights by an elected official because the elected official has a mental instability? Excuse Me???

Time to call in the FBI - they have the power to investigate elected officials and their misconduct ... if the AZ state won't act, then you are living in a state of civil rights denial.

At least the reporting is not one-sided and quite balanced.

tim12232

My jaw dropped almost immediately! :shocker:

WTH is going on? This is Arizona! the most open gun state I know of!!! Even the mayor is telling police to release her and that she has the podium, I would have a lawyer making good money off that as well as the Gov and whomever else I felt would straiten that $h*t heap out! unbelievable!!!!

Tim

Dreamer

This whole situation in Quartzite is just a huge coverup for anembezzlement scheme being run by the City Manager and several of the Council Members.

The State, the Sheriff and the AG will probably not help the Mayor, because if a REAL investigation were to be made, and the corrupt officials were to be brought up on charges for their theft, it would blow open the whole truth about the double-book-keeping scam being run nation-wide called CAFR (Cmprehensive Annual financial Report).

Because the State and all the other municipalities use this same book-keeping scam (it is used NATIONWIDE), they probably don't want to get involved, because nobody in government wants this information to become public knowledge. It is a HUGE scam, it keeps the public in the dark about how much money the governments REALLY have, and allows them to 1) easily skim money off for themselves, and 2) increase taxes and fees by using the excuse that their "budget" is insufficient.

The fact is, that most states and municipalities have millions in investments in their CAFR books that DO NOT APPEAR on their "budget" books, and so the public has no idea of the bales of money the governments actually have.

This Quartzite situation has the potential to blow the lid off this nation-wide financial scam, and so the County and State officials will do everything in their power to not get involved, and will most likely try some tricks to bury and further cover up this story.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Just who in the hell do these bastards think they are? They are our servants and they work for us, and are in their positions at our pleasant to do the People's work. Perhaps it's getting close to the time in that community for another Battle of Athens, Tennessee reality check.

sudden valley gunner

Just who in the hell do these bastards think they are? They are our servants and they work for us, and are in their positions at our pleasant to do the People's work. Perhaps it's getting close to the time in that community for another Battle of Athens, Tennessee reality check.

My sentiments are with you on this.

And notice how the police are complicit in this folks? This is not unusual, many will choose the side of government over the side of liberty and what is right.

since9

Campaign Veteran
From the article:

Her official order bans Roth from attending public meetings at Town Hall, precludes him from possessing or purchasing firearms and ammunition, and orders him to surrender his firearms to law enforcement.

The part in bold absolutely will not fly with either Arizona's Constitution/State Law or the U.S. Constitution/Federal Law and should be immediately challenged. I seriously doubt a judge can lawfully bar a citizen from participating in local government, either.

The only exception would be if Roth violated a section of the code either requiring or allowing a psych eval to be done and the results of that eval showed that he was a danger to himself or society. Meanwhile, the judge is NEITHER a psychologist nor a psychiatrist. The fact that they're seriously overstepping the bounds of their authority indicates they're trying to hide something big.

I seriously hope it backfires on them in a very big way, including jail time for the judge, the members of the city council, and everyone else involved with this apparently entrenched degree of corruption.

okboomer

Still plenty of 'reversal' that still needs to go around ... I feel for the folks who are living through this, but it is kind of facinating in that 'train wreck' sort of way for both sides.