Thread: Fredericksburg Fair - "No firearms"

Fredericksburg Fair - "No firearms"

I just came across this, and still doing research. Does anyone know if the Fredericksburg Fair is privately owned, or subject to preemption?

Btw is a "fire arm" what happens when you light your shirt sleeve on fire?

http://www.fredericksburgfair.org/in...211&Itemid=235

Fire Arms
    No fire arms are allowed on the fairgrounds except for the on-duty police and security employed by the Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair, Inc. Any individual found to be in possession of fire arms on the fairgrounds shall be asked to vacate the premises immediately. There will be NO REFUND of any entrance fees.

You quoted what you needed to answer your question, "Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair, Inc." it's a private company.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Quote Originally Posted by streetdoc View Post
    You quoted what you needed to answer your question, "Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair, Inc." it's a private company.
    I thought about that after I posted... but I wasn't sure if there was more to it then that. I'll keep digging a little more.... for some reason I had thought the City of Fredericksburg had some 'stake' in the fair. Perhaps not.

Thanks for the reply

No penalty, no metal detectors, no problem.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

I've lived in the Fredericksburg area since I got transferred here in 1990, as far as I can remember it has always been private.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

I checked the city tax records, the property (2400 Airport Ave) is owned by the entity of the same name and the lack of a listing for a previous owner means that the land has not changed hands for many years (you'd have to go to the clerk's office to look up the deed to see when the last change occurred). Not sure who or what is behind the company, but the land is owned by the corporation.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    No penalty, no metal detectors, no problem.
    why support an anti gun organization? No guns = no money.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    why support an anti gun organization? No guns = no money.
    You got that right. I vote with my dollars.

Btw, what, exactly, is at that 2400 Airport Road address? Is there any kind of structure there, and if so, what kind? Is that where the "fair" is held? I noted that this was the address given to the Va. State Corp. Commission as that of the registered agent. Be funny if it were a vacant lot and someone tried to get service of process there.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    You got that right. I vote with my dollars.

Btw, what, exactly, is at that 2400 Airport Road address? Is there any kind of structure there, and if so, what kind? Is that where the "fair" is held? I noted that this was the address given to the Va. State Corp. Commission as that of the registered agent. Be funny if it were a vacant lot and someone tried to get service of process there.
    There are several buildings there, used for various "fair" type functions. I don't know if any are inhabited year-round, or if there are even any office-type accommodations. It's been a LONG time since I went to the fair.

See attached, showing the property boundaries and aerial view, from the Fredericksburg GIS system.

Also a "bird's eye" from Bing.

TFred

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FredFairgrounds.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	6567

Well this is a bummer. So much for getting my annual funnel cake fix.

Although ... as they state in their policies & rules the only thing that will happen, IF they discover you are carrying, is that you "shall be asked to vacate the premises immediately" with no refund of your entry fee.

Bah, who am I kidding, I'll just add this clown shoe operation to yet another place I avoid like the plague thanks to their ignorant policy of denying my right to protect myself and my family. Besides, as I have gotten older (and heavier!) I have finally started to realize that funnel cakes are rarely as tasty as I remember them being when I was a kid.
    “Your mind is your only judge of truth–and if others dissent from your verdict, reality is the court of final appeal.”
    - Atlas Shrugged

[URL="http://www.ronpaul.com[/URL]

Hmm seeing as the Fair was founded back in pre-revolutionary times by decree of the the House of Burgesses, perhaps they are Loyalists to the Crown?

From the "History" section of their web page it seems there is a Fair Office building located on the grounds.

Also perusing the web page I noticed there is no information on how one might become a member of the organization and/or a candidate for the Board of Directors. Having noticed that the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. does provide that information, there is an interesting post about it over at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-(for-vendors .

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

IHOP has funnel cake.
    Last edited by Marco; 08-05-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin