Thread: Brand NEW KRAV MAGA/Self Defense School & Concealed Handgun Permits in Greensboro

Brand NEW KRAV MAGA/Self Defense School & Concealed Handgun Permits in Greensboro

N/A - moved - not endorsing new school owners or facilities
    Last edited by farkles; 12-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Off Topic

This post is advertising and is not OC.
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Quote Originally Posted by EricDailey X-NRA View Post
    That's what I thought when I read the post. We need an in-state Moderator that can delete these kind of posts...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    --Moderator Statement--

Instructors or schools related to self-defense, RKBA etc are welcome to post on OCDO.

No rule violation has occurred.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

My question is; I thought you could only get your Concealed Handgun Permit from the Sheriff. I'm assuming that you can take the class and get the certificate from this school but would still need to go to the Sheriff to get the permit??
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDailey X-NRA View Post
    Get off it dude. They teach handgun retention skills - this is DIRECTLY related to OC. I took a course on this last year, and let me tell you - it was very helpful. Its one thing to think about what you might do, but another to get expert instruction & practice such techniques in a hands-on manner.

Sheesh!

@farkles: Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out when I've got some $.

@smlawrence: you are correct - the school issues the certificate & then you go to your sheriff's office w/ certificate & unconstitutional tax money & wait 90 days for BJ's lackeys to call you back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruger; 08-04-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Get off it dude. They teach handgun retention skills - this is DIRECTLY related to OC. I took a course on this last year, and let me tell you - it was very helpful. Its one thing to think about what you might do, but another to get expert instruction & practice such techniques in a hands-on manner.

Sheesh!

@farkles: Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out when I've got some $.

@smlawrence: you are correct - the school issues the certificate & then you go to your sheriff's office w/ certificate & unconstitutional tax money & wait 90 days for BJ's lackeys to call you back.

Good summary Ruger. Appreciate you and Grapeshot telling the crazies that its not "off topic" and that it does directly relate to everything we stand for. The business is the only Greensboro Krav Maga school, and they also teach Self Defense, weapon retention and tactical handgun classes.

If anyone is interested in learning handgun retention and how to defend yourself with non-lethal means like Ruger did then go to www.triadselfdefense.com or go to their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TriadSelfDefense

Quote Originally Posted by farkles View Post
    Good summary Ruger. Appreciate you and Grapeshot telling the crazies that its not "off topic" and that it does directly relate to everything we stand for. The business is the only Greensboro Krav Maga school, and they also teach Self Defense, weapon retention and tactical handgun classes.

If anyone is interested in learning handgun retention and how to defend yourself with non-lethal means like Ruger did then go to www.triadselfdefense.com or go to their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TriadSelfDefense
    Do you know how much the classes are? I'd love to take some.

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    Do you know how much the classes are? I'd love to take some.
    Yeah, I'm training over there and they are AWESOME! The instructor is a 9 year Marine and is working on his blackbelt in Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) this week. It depends on when you sign up and for how long. There are a number of options they can talk to you about. They are offering, during the month of August only, a huge discount when you prepay for one of the packages of classes.

They offer a FREE intro class to anyone, so you should swing by and try it out.

I think I remember you from an OC meet we have, so if I'm there hopefully I'll spot you. I've been training there Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily, but might be there tonight.

Yeah, I'm training over there and they are AWESOME! The instructor is a 9 year Marine and is working on his blackbelt in Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) this week. It depends on when you sign up and for how long. There are a number of options they can talk to you about. They are offering, during the month of August only, a huge discount when you prepay for one of the packages of classes.

They offer a FREE intro class to anyone, so you should swing by and try it out.

I think I remember you from an OC meet we have, so if I'm there hopefully I'll spot you. I've been training there Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily, but might be there tonight.
    I'd hate to swing in, try it, and really like it and then find out its a ton of money that I wouldn't want to spend. Could you give me a ballpark on 2 nights a week or something similar.

I'd hate to swing in, try it, and really like it and then find out its a ton of money that I wouldn't want to spend. Could you give me a ballpark on 2 nights a week or something similar.
    @smlawrence - It really does depend on when you sign up. They have a number of options, but they all allow you to come to unlimited classes. Through August they are doing a couple deals. There are HUGE savings if you prepay a package in August. There are also HUGE LEO, Fire, and Military discounts. Excluding LEO etc discounts it can be as low as ~$68/mo-$99/mo depending on the agreement length and whether you prepay or not. You also will get discounts on seminars they offer like handgun retention classes and carjacking seminars etc...

Seriously, come by and check it out, and I am going to be helping them at the Gun show this weekend too in Greensboro. Come see us!

@smlawrence - It really does depend on when you sign up. They have a number of options, but they all allow you to come to unlimited classes. Through August they are doing a couple deals. There are HUGE savings if you prepay a package in August. There are also HUGE LEO, Fire, and Military discounts. Excluding LEO etc discounts it can be as low as ~$68/mo-$99/mo depending on the agreement length and whether you prepay or not. You also will get discounts on seminars they offer like handgun retention classes and carjacking seminars etc...

Seriously, come by and check it out, and I am going to be helping them at the Gun show this weekend too in Greensboro. Come see us!
    I'll be at the gun show saturday morning so I will stop by. Sucks we can't open carry in there...lol. I'll still be sporting my empty holster.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Why can't you open carry at the show? Just show them that your gun is completely unloaded & that the magazine is empty too. They'll tag it, and that should be that, right?

Carry on!

Why can't you open carry at the show? Just show them that your gun is completely unloaded & that the magazine is empty too. They'll tag it, and that should be that, right?

Right, open carry will be allowed I believe. Ruger is right, it should just need to be unloaded...Please do OC by our booth, we are all VERY pro gun, and pro OC!

I'll be honest about it, I never thought about carrying empty. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be honest about it, I never thought about carrying empty. Thanks for the suggestion.
    It was great to see many of you all come see the booth at the gun show. I hope y'all got some good guns. I'm jealous of whoever had that incredible M1 Garand!

Handgun Retention Class in Greensboro

How many of you all would be interested in a Handgun Retention class in Greensboro on a Saturday in November or December? We are putting one together and would love feedback on how many from this forum may attend and what dates would work. Thanks!

looking to get back in shape

hey was surfing the net and came by this post , was thinking of coming to check u guys out ? whens a good time?

I haven't been to a show in years, but the last time they just put a tie wrap through the action. Kinda rules out holster carry if that is still done.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb197901 View Post
    hey was surfing the net and came by this post , was thinking of coming to check u guys out ? whens a good time?

ryanb probably a year ago when the thread started might have been a good time to visit but i might be mistakened...

but welcome to OC forum...

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)