• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brand NEW KRAV MAGA/Self Defense School & Concealed Handgun Permits in Greensboro

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--Moderator Statement--

Instructors or schools related to self-defense, RKBA etc are welcome to post on OCDO.

No rule violation has occurred.

smlawrence

My question is; I thought you could only get your Concealed Handgun Permit from the Sheriff. I'm assuming that you can take the class and get the certificate from this school but would still need to go to the Sheriff to get the permit??

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
This post is advertising and is not OC.

Get off it dude. They teach handgun retention skills - this is DIRECTLY related to OC. I took a course on this last year, and let me tell you - it was very helpful. Its one thing to think about what you might do, but another to get expert instruction & practice such techniques in a hands-on manner.

Sheesh!

@farkles: Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out when I've got some $.

@smlawrence: you are correct - the school issues the certificate & then you go to your sheriff's office w/ certificate & unconstitutional tax money & wait 90 days for BJ's lackeys to call you back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

farkles

Get off it dude. They teach handgun retention skills - this is DIRECTLY related to OC. I took a course on this last year, and let me tell you - it was very helpful. Its one thing to think about what you might do, but another to get expert instruction & practice such techniques in a hands-on manner.

Sheesh!

@farkles: Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out when I've got some $.

@smlawrence: you are correct - the school issues the certificate & then you go to your sheriff's office w/ certificate & unconstitutional tax money & wait 90 days for BJ's lackeys to call you back.

Good summary Ruger. Appreciate you and Grapeshot telling the crazies that its not "off topic" and that it does directly relate to everything we stand for. The business is the only Greensboro Krav Maga school, and they also teach Self Defense, weapon retention and tactical handgun classes.

If anyone is interested in learning handgun retention and how to defend yourself with non-lethal means like Ruger did then go to www.triadselfdefense.com or go to their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TriadSelfDefense

smlawrence

Good summary Ruger. Appreciate you and Grapeshot telling the crazies that its not "off topic" and that it does directly relate to everything we stand for. The business is the only Greensboro Krav Maga school, and they also teach Self Defense, weapon retention and tactical handgun classes.

If anyone is interested in learning handgun retention and how to defend yourself with non-lethal means like Ruger did then go to www.triadselfdefense.com or go to their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TriadSelfDefense

Do you know how much the classes are? I'd love to take some.

farkles

Do you know how much the classes are? I'd love to take some.

Yeah, I'm training over there and they are AWESOME! The instructor is a 9 year Marine and is working on his blackbelt in Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) this week. It depends on when you sign up and for how long. There are a number of options they can talk to you about. They are offering, during the month of August only, a huge discount when you prepay for one of the packages of classes.

They offer a FREE intro class to anyone, so you should swing by and try it out.

I think I remember you from an OC meet we have, so if I'm there hopefully I'll spot you. I've been training there Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily, but might be there tonight.

smlawrence

Yeah, I'm training over there and they are AWESOME! The instructor is a 9 year Marine and is working on his blackbelt in Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) this week. It depends on when you sign up and for how long. There are a number of options they can talk to you about. They are offering, during the month of August only, a huge discount when you prepay for one of the packages of classes.

They offer a FREE intro class to anyone, so you should swing by and try it out.

I think I remember you from an OC meet we have, so if I'm there hopefully I'll spot you. I've been training there Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily, but might be there tonight.

I'd hate to swing in, try it, and really like it and then find out its a ton of money that I wouldn't want to spend. Could you give me a ballpark on 2 nights a week or something similar.

farkles

I'd hate to swing in, try it, and really like it and then find out its a ton of money that I wouldn't want to spend. Could you give me a ballpark on 2 nights a week or something similar.

@smlawrence - It really does depend on when you sign up. They have a number of options, but they all allow you to come to unlimited classes. Through August they are doing a couple deals. There are HUGE savings if you prepay a package in August. There are also HUGE LEO, Fire, and Military discounts. Excluding LEO etc discounts it can be as low as ~$68/mo-$99/mo depending on the agreement length and whether you prepay or not. You also will get discounts on seminars they offer like handgun retention classes and carjacking seminars etc...

Seriously, come by and check it out, and I am going to be helping them at the Gun show this weekend too in Greensboro. Come see us!

smlawrence

@smlawrence - It really does depend on when you sign up. They have a number of options, but they all allow you to come to unlimited classes. Through August they are doing a couple deals. There are HUGE savings if you prepay a package in August. There are also HUGE LEO, Fire, and Military discounts. Excluding LEO etc discounts it can be as low as ~$68/mo-$99/mo depending on the agreement length and whether you prepay or not. You also will get discounts on seminars they offer like handgun retention classes and carjacking seminars etc...

Seriously, come by and check it out, and I am going to be helping them at the Gun show this weekend too in Greensboro. Come see us!

I'll be at the gun show saturday morning so I will stop by. Sucks we can't open carry in there...lol. I'll still be sporting my empty holster.

farkles

Why can't you open carry at the show? Just show them that your gun is completely unloaded & that the magazine is empty too. They'll tag it, and that should be that, right?

Right, open carry will be allowed I believe. Ruger is right, it should just need to be unloaded...Please do OC by our booth, we are all VERY pro gun, and pro OC!

smlawrence

Why can't you open carry at the show? Just show them that your gun is completely unloaded & that the magazine is empty too. They'll tag it, and that should be that, right?

I'll be honest about it, I never thought about carrying empty. Thanks for the suggestion.

farkles

I'll be honest about it, I never thought about carrying empty. Thanks for the suggestion.

It was great to see many of you all come see the booth at the gun show. I hope y'all got some good guns. I'm jealous of whoever had that incredible M1 Garand!

farkles

Handgun Retention Class in Greensboro

How many of you all would be interested in a Handgun Retention class in Greensboro on a Saturday in November or December? We are putting one together and would love feedback on how many from this forum may attend and what dates would work. Thanks!

WalkingWolf

I haven't been to a show in years, but the last time they just put a tie wrap through the action. Kinda rules out holster carry if that is still done.