Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VCDL's Newest member - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Chief Executive Officer

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL's Newest member - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Chief Executive Officer

I signed him up today as a paid member at the Dulles Gun Show.

Last edited by ed; 07-30-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Nice work there, Ed

Now he belongs to a REAL firearms rights organization!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    Now he belongs to a REAL firearms rights organization!
    Amen! At least Wayne's getting his life straightened out. The membership will have to be cautious to watch that VCDL doesn't become nothing but a perks for permittees clan for the wealthy and well connected.

:up:

Gag

The girl in the first photo, purple blouse expresses my sentiments about Mr. La Pierre. It appears she is indulging in up-chucking!

Campaign Veteran
    Priceless.

Nice job Ed!!!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    I am not a fan of the NRA. But, ya gotta admire Ed's moxie for signing him up.

While I like the high profile membership of having him join VCDL the benefits go both ways.

Now he can actually be somewhat truthful when he takes credit for all the hard work VCDL does since he is a member. :-)

Did you at least give him a talking to and let him know that pushing CC for everything isn't the best approach!! VCDL was pushing for OC&CC for state forests and the NRA came in hard pushing for CC-only being allowed, confusing the whole issue.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Just after I got married, I went to work for a business college.
    These people had a program called "Step Forward", and accepted (Read that recruited) the most ungodly bunch of gutter trash that could sign their names. They only wanted the personal expense money from the Grants.

Are you doing the same thing Ed?
    This man sells out gun owners for a living!

You try slipping him on the board and I'm taking the high road.

I understand you want your picture taken with Celebrities but this is going too far!
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-30-2011 at 09:32 PM.

So, what was he carrying?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Purple shirt lady is hilarious, but I think maybe she was downing a dog?

It sorta looks like WLP had a sidearm at 3:00, but I can't quite tell.

Did you invite him to join OCDO too???

Y'all shouldn't dump on him too bad, he's got a job, a board and an agenda to follow, he's not perfect but who is? At least he's not trying to get Helmke's job!

"SAME TEAM! SAME TEAM!" - Farva
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    did you invite him to join ocdo too???

Y'all shouldn't dump on him too bad, he's got a job, a board and an agenda to follow, he's not perfect but who is? At least he's not trying to get helmke's job!

"same team! Same team!" - farva

What I didn't say would fill large book paramedc!
    Lots going on under the surface these days. Signing him up is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
    The same team mentality is very dangerous and naive.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-31-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Postcard Sent!

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Signing him up is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
    In your Southern ( hate Northern) Virginia opinon which I have seen to be wrong more than a few times here on the board... So.. don't take photos with people you don't want too, Don't get a permit if you don't want to carry concealed, Don't move to NoVa if you don't want to live here. Don't call yourself a law abiding citizen and toss your cigarette butts on the ground. You are FAR from perfect for all the criticizm you spew.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Founder's Club Member
    Last edited by jmelvin; 07-31-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    In your Southern ( hate Northern) Virginia opinon which I have seen to be wrong more than a few times here on the board... So.. don't take photos with people you don't want too, Don't get a permit if you don't want to carry concealed, Don't move to NoVa if you don't want to live here. Don't call yourself a law abiding citizen and toss your cigarette butts on the ground. You are FAR from perfect for all the criticizm you spew.
    I never claim to be perfect or for that matter Ed, especially fair.
    I also used the word "I". Could that be Copyright infringement as well as a board violation.
    What I said stands...period, and you know why.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-31-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Ed,

You work hard and tirelessly for VCDL. I was close to coming back into the fold mostly because of your positive energy, but this postcard gives me pause to reconsider. Many, especially the open carry zealots that you find on this board, are very weary of the NRA.

Do not be offended when you get negative feedback for your interactions with Wayne. They, like you, believe that they are right and are trying to defennd gun rights. I will not make any derisive remarks about the NRA, because some on this board actually believe the NRA is a gun rights organization. Let me just say that if you don't believe me about the evil of the NRA, ask New Hampshire gun owners.

If you play with fire Ed, you will be burned. If you involve VCDL, they too may be burned.

Live free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Ed,

You work hard and tirelessly for VCDL. I was close to coming back into the fold mostly because of your positive energy, but this postcard gives me pause to reconsider. Many, especially the open carry zealots that you find on this board, are very weary of the NRA.

Do not be offended when you get negative feedback for your interactions with Wayne. They, like you, believe that they are right and are trying to defennd gun rights. I will not make any derisive remarks about the NRA, because some on this board actually believe the NRA is a gun rights organization. Let me just say that if you don't believe me about the evil of the NRA, ask New Hampshire gun owners.

If you play with fire Ed, you will be burned. If you involve VCDL, they too may be burned.

Live free or Die,
    Thundar
    I know and for the most part agree. The NRA does not do much for our gun rights. So I gave the CEO the VCDL update card to show what WE have done. Maybe out of 10 things, ONE will click and NRA will agree.. then we only have to use time, money and resources to fight the other 9. I know there are problems with the NRA and it is not anywhere close to what the VCDL is and does. I was trying to reach out and explain that I would like to see the NRA cooperate with VCDL on VA issues to make things better. Next year I would like to carry on K-12 property.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Next year I would like to carry on K-12 property.
    Like in the buildings so like on voting day?

+1

I read on the internet people talking about prior to 1968 people would carry guns to school for hunting afterwards. School shootings were like unheard of.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Like in the buildings so like on voting day?
    - Voting
    - Walking the dog
    - Dropping off my daughter and getting out of the car
    - Sporting events
    - None school events that use SCHOOL BUSSES (like fairs) as shuttles
    - Meetings
    - Open Houses
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I was an airgunner for about three years before I got into firearms.
    I joined the NRA then the VCDL and then the GOA and also the SASS.
    The only thing that sticks in my mind was the NRA kept quiet about the 1st Amendment, when it came to the thing about where the money was coming from to front the politicians. Not sure if this is the right way to say it, but it made me mad. We have more than just the 2A here, and the NRA is only into that, that is fine but it doesn't help the rest of us.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GasCharged View Post
    I was an airgunner for about three years before I got into firearms.
    I joined the NRA then the VCDL and then the GOA and also the SASS.
    The only thing that sticks in my mind was the NRA kept quiet about the 1st Amendment, when it came to the thing about where the money was coming from to front the politicians. Not sure if this is the right way to say it, but it made me mad. We have more than just the 2A here, and the NRA is only into that, that is fine but it doesn't help the rest of us.
    We also have the seeming antagonism or disapproval from NRA to OC.

I well recall an NRA-ILA alert that went out a few years ago giving false info about the then-prohibition on CCing in a Virginia restaurant licensed to serve alcohol: then-Code 18.2-308.J.3. In response to our call for a correction to the effect that OC was legal in such establishments, NRA-ILA said it was not an OC issue. Huh!?! How about an accuracy issue? After a round of e-mails NRA-ILA corrected the info.

We've had how many big names in NRA criticize OC in the past? Clayton Cramer? Mas Ayoob?

While many think NRA dislikes OC because it would cut into their certified CCW instructors income (I agree), I think it goes deeper.

First and foremost, OC lets each and every person do something every single day to promote self-defense rights. OC totally bypasses NRA and says, "We can do this without paying dues, without relying on your lobbyists. Essentially, people will get the word without filtering by NRA, without reliance on NRA. And, start voting for pro-gun candidates without NRA involvement or steering." This strikes at the very core of NRA's reason for existence of late. We're basically spreading the word on the street, totally bypassing NRA.

And, I'm sure there's the whole knee-jerk "you'll scare people" miscalculation.

However, I also have to wonder. NRA is in neck-deep with cops. Not just neck-deep, but in bed with cops. How many sweet nothings against OC are being whispered into NRA ears by cops? We already know there is plenty of resistance to OC by cops. How much behind the scenes influence is there?

Just for a bright side to things, since NRA is in so deep with police, NRA could start pushing on its channels to encourage police towards more respect for 4A and 5A. Imagine. A sudden resurgence of respect for 4A and 5A by cops started by NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Let me just say that if you don't believe me about the evil of the NRA, ask New Hampshire gun owners.
    Thundar, what happened up in New Hampshire? I hadn't heard anything and didn't find much on google.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
    Thundar, what happened up in New Hampshire? I hadn't heard anything and didn't find much on google.
    Until he gets back to us, you could check here as a possible lead to follow. Its in the New Hampshire sub-forum: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...tional-carry)&

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast