• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's Newest member - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Chief Executive Officer

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I signed him up today as a paid member at the Dulles Gun Show.
DSC03551.JPG

DSC03546.JPG

Last edited:

45acpForMe

While I like the high profile membership of having him join VCDL the benefits go both ways.

Now he can actually be somewhat truthful when he takes credit for all the hard work VCDL does since he is a member. :)

Did you at least give him a talking to and let him know that pushing CC for everything isn't the best approach!! VCDL was pushing for OC&CC for state forests and the NRA came in hard pushing for CC-only being allowed, confusing the whole issue.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just after I got married, I went to work for a business college.
These people had a program called "Step Forward", and accepted (Read that recruited) the most ungodly bunch of gutter trash that could sign their names. They only wanted the personal expense money from the Grants.

Are you doing the same thing Ed?
This man sells out gun owners for a living!

You try slipping him on the board and I'm taking the high road.

I understand you want your picture taken with Celebrities but this is going too far!

Last edited:

paramedic70002

Purple shirt lady is hilarious, but I think maybe she was downing a dog?

It sorta looks like WLP had a sidearm at 3:00, but I can't quite tell.

Did you invite him to join OCDO too???

Y'all shouldn't dump on him too bad, he's got a job, a board and an agenda to follow, he's not perfect but who is? At least he's not trying to get Helmke's job!

"SAME TEAM! SAME TEAM!" - Farva

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
did you invite him to join ocdo too???

Y'all shouldn't dump on him too bad, he's got a job, a board and an agenda to follow, he's not perfect but who is? At least he's not trying to get helmke's job!

"same team! Same team!" - farva

What I didn't say would fill large book paramedc!
Lots going on under the surface these days. Signing him up is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
The same team mentality is very dangerous and naive.

Last edited:

ed

Signing him up is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
In your Southern ( hate Northern) Virginia opinon which I have seen to be wrong more than a few times here on the board... So.. don't take photos with people you don't want too, Don't get a permit if you don't want to carry concealed, Don't move to NoVa if you don't want to live here. Don't call yourself a law abiding citizen and toss your cigarette butts on the ground. You are FAR from perfect for all the criticizm you spew.
:dude:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
In your Southern ( hate Northern) Virginia opinon which I have seen to be wrong more than a few times here on the board... So.. don't take photos with people you don't want too, Don't get a permit if you don't want to carry concealed, Don't move to NoVa if you don't want to live here. Don't call yourself a law abiding citizen and toss your cigarette butts on the ground. You are FAR from perfect for all the criticizm you spew.
:dude:

I never claim to be perfect or for that matter Ed, especially fair.
I also used the word "I". Could that be Copyright infringement as well as a board violation.
What I said stands...period, and you know why.

Last edited:

Thundar

Ed,

You work hard and tirelessly for VCDL. I was close to coming back into the fold mostly because of your positive energy, but this postcard gives me pause to reconsider. Many, especially the open carry zealots that you find on this board, are very weary of the NRA.

Do not be offended when you get negative feedback for your interactions with Wayne. They, like you, believe that they are right and are trying to defennd gun rights. I will not make any derisive remarks about the NRA, because some on this board actually believe the NRA is a gun rights organization. Let me just say that if you don't believe me about the evil of the NRA, ask New Hampshire gun owners.

If you play with fire Ed, you will be burned. If you involve VCDL, they too may be burned.

Live free or Die,
Thundar

ed

Ed,

You work hard and tirelessly for VCDL. I was close to coming back into the fold mostly because of your positive energy, but this postcard gives me pause to reconsider. Many, especially the open carry zealots that you find on this board, are very weary of the NRA.

Do not be offended when you get negative feedback for your interactions with Wayne. They, like you, believe that they are right and are trying to defennd gun rights. I will not make any derisive remarks about the NRA, because some on this board actually believe the NRA is a gun rights organization. Let me just say that if you don't believe me about the evil of the NRA, ask New Hampshire gun owners.

If you play with fire Ed, you will be burned. If you involve VCDL, they too may be burned.

Live free or Die,
Thundar
I know and for the most part agree. The NRA does not do much for our gun rights. So I gave the CEO the VCDL update card to show what WE have done. Maybe out of 10 things, ONE will click and NRA will agree.. then we only have to use time, money and resources to fight the other 9. I know there are problems with the NRA and it is not anywhere close to what the VCDL is and does. I was trying to reach out and explain that I would like to see the NRA cooperate with VCDL on VA issues to make things better. Next year I would like to carry on K-12 property.