• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc'd At The "Taste of Kenossha" Festival

Outdoorsman1

Oc'd At The "Taste of Wisconsin" Festival in Kenosha

I open carried today at the Tast of Wisconsin festival down at Kenosha's lakefront (by down town)... Lots of peopke there, stopped by the Kenosha Police Dept. booth.. Said hello to a couple of LEO, got me a Kenosha PD pen and some literature on locking and secureing your home. Either they did not notioce or new it was legal. I can't see how the did not notice as I carry between 1 and 2 o'clock and with my new (larger) holster ans the full size XD-40 you almost cannot miss it. No problmes at all. In fact nobosy said nothing. I also oc'd the night before up and down main street as they were have a custom car show. Also alot of people. the had the road bocked off for all the custome cars... agian nobody said a word.

Today at the festival I was sporting my new firearm tattoo(s) (for the first time in public. Had more positive comments about them than my firearm.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I'm glad everything went well for you in Kenosha that's the way it should be. Were you by yourself?

No, actually I had my lady with me... she is new to open carry had has open carried her firearm at at local meet and greet (Lizzy's Cafe), but being new, she opted not to open carry in such a large crowd.

Outdoorsman1