• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double Hoster Birthday!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Today being my birthday, the wife and I went down to Highlands Ranch to visit with a gentleman who can make a custom holster for folks just the way they want 'em. He's going to make me a holster to my specifications, and will be very concealable. I should have it in a day or two. So for my birthday, the wife will spring for a new holster to go with my CCW permit. While there, I noticed he had a nice Kydex holster for a Judge, and it works so well that a Judge can even be carried concealed very neatly. I figure I'll get me one of those holsters too!

After a trip to J.C. Penny's, where I celebrated my birthday with a couple of dozen new pairs of socks, we then went to see Cowboys and Aliens at the nearby theatre. Some guy several seats beyond my wife kept a running chatter going until I said "This is a movie theatre. Take your conversation outside!" I repeated it, and it wasn't a request. However, it had the desired effect and the two men shut up. I seem to have a way with people!

Anyhow, we just got home and I am going to call the guy working on my holster to let thim know the Judge I own has a 3" cylinder. We weren't sure at the time.

The holster for my XDm compact .40 is going to be very similar to a supertuck, but different according to my own personal specifications. The Judge will get a holster that will be purely Kydex. Together, I expect they'll cost me less than $150 bucks! But hey, I deserve it. I already got more birthdays than I ever figured to see. As Harrison Ford noted as his character of Indiana Jones... "it ain't the age, it's the milage!" And I've wracked up a serious number of miles over 62 years!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Coach Ike

Howdy Folks!
Today being my birthday, the wife and I went down to Highlands Ranch to visit with a gentleman who can make a custom holster for folks just the way they want 'em. He's going to make me a holster to my specifications, and will be very concealable. I should have it in a day or two. So for my birthday, the wife will spring for a new holster to go with my CCW permit. While there, I noticed he had a nice Kydex holster for a Judge, and it works so well that a Judge can even be carried concealed very neatly. I figure I'll get me one of those holsters too!

After a trip to J.C. Penny's, where I celebrated my birthday with a couple of dozen new pairs of socks, we then went to see Cowboys and Aliens at the nearby theatre. Some guy several seats beyond my wife kept a running chatter going until I said "This is a movie theatre. Take your conversation outside!" I repeated it, and it wasn't a request. However, it had the desired effect and the two men shut up. I seem to have a way with people!

Anyhow, we just got home and I am going to call the guy working on my holster to let thim know the Judge I own has a 3" cylinder. We weren't sure at the time.

The holster for my XDm compact .40 is going to be very similar to a supertuck, but different according to my own personal specifications. The Judge will get a holster that will be purely Kydex. Together, I expect they'll cost me less than $150 bucks! But hey, I deserve it. I already got more birthdays than I ever figured to see. As Harrison Ford noted as his character of Indiana Jones... "it ain't the age, it's the milage!" And I've wracked up a serious number of miles over 62 years!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Lake of the Ozarks. Hope it was a great one for you.

Beau

Glad your theatre experience worked out. The last story I read about a guy telling others to be quiet ended with him getting jumped and beat outside the theatre.

M-Taliesin

Glad your theatre experience worked out. The last story I read about a guy telling others to be quiet ended with him getting jumped and beat outside the theatre.

Howdy Amigo!
Where you been hiding lately? Good to see you posting on the Colorado board.
As for getting jumped, it would have been a real bad idea for the potential attackers.
After all, I was carrying. Odds are pretty good they ain't.
And I won't be jumped and beat up without offering an affirmative defense.
In addition, when I left the theatre, my wife was with me. She too is armed.
Would have been a really bad idea from the attacker's point of view,
especially with that point of view funneled down the barrel of a .40 cal P94!

But still, I left with my head on a swivel and was prepared just in case, hand on the pistol in my urban carry bag!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin.

M-Taliesin

Update!

Howdy Folks!
I was surprised to get a call from the gentleman working on a holster for me.
He told me they were ready. So we drove down to Highlands Ranch to pick them up!

Wow.... am I impressed. He had my new holsters ready to go in less than 24 hours!
The quality is first rate, and they both conceal very well.

Since I must work today, I am a bit slim on time, but tomorrow I'll cobble together a video.
I'll show the holsters, take a real good look at them, their construction and other featurs.
I'll also show how they look on the body when carried for concealment.

These are terrific holsters, and I am totally pleased with my acquistion today. I'll start an
entirely new thread about the holsters once I've created my video.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin