• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting run in with Salinas,( Ca). police

Yaki

My moms neighbor has a son who came from HI. He has the long hair and ink all over.
He was walking out of a business on to his car when police pulled up. Cop looks at ink and asks him what gang he is in. He responds he's not in a gang. Cop asks to search his car and he tells the cop he won't give him permission to search his car. They go back and forth and he refuses to let the cop search his car.
He tells the cop to call for back up because this isn't going anywhere. Cop calls back up. Situation is difused.
He tells his mom what happened and angry mom goes to SPD and asks for the chief. Chief isn't available so she tells desk clerk if she isn't contacted by the chief in 48 hours she will return with a lawyer.
Chief returns her call and they meet. Officer who stopped him because he had tats and long hair wrote not typed wrote a letter of apology.

The only thing missing was a voice recorder and/or a video.