• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Awareness Get-Together? / T-Shirt Design

carsontech

Activist Member
Love the front of this shirt....I have had my CWP for almost a year now,but want open carry in SC.....I want to join the fight....How?

It seems you're new, so I will give a you a bit more info than what you asked for, as well as address the others in this thread.

About fighting for our rights... the Grassroots Gunrights group here in SC is dead. There is not much of a fight for OC, organization wise, except for the NRA. They are working with the creator of bill that started as a Constitutional Carry bill, lets pray they clean up the language to be a true Constitutional Carry bill with less restrictions on when and where firearms can be carried. The NRA has been known to sellout in the past, so I have very mixed feelings about them handling the bill. On the other hand, anything would be better than what we have now. As long as the bill isn't taking away rights, I'll probably support it.

Luckily, there're still individuals, like us, who can rally people to support constitutional carry, open carry, etc. We need to get people excited and interested in this next legislative session. We need get the word out about constitutional carry and what it entails.

I think the best way of going about fighting is letting people know how many other states allow OC and constitutional carry. People around here are in disbelief when I tell them how many other states allow OC, then they start to question why SC does not. Some of the people I've talked to wished they could OC but most of them thought it was unobtainable because they thought AZ was the only state that allowed OC, or mistakenly thought Texas is the only state that allowed OC (it doesn't allow OC, btw). Using this method kind of lights a fire under people, because after I talk to them, they know a majority of the states allow OC. I have heard a few people say, and this is paraphrasing here, "If NC allows OC, then SC should! What makes NC citizens so much more special or responsible than us that they get to have OC and SC does not!?"

Well, the answer to that, in my opinion, goes back before the time of the civil war, even to the time of the revolution, and further. I think you guys know what I'm getting at with that... eventually that "stuff" led to many Jim Crow type laws. Basically, the government of SC does not trusts it citizens and doesn't want a certain type of people to have certain rights, so they just deny those rights for everyone so they don't look like their discriminating. Color plays a part in that, but it is a culture and class thing now. That is just my humble opinion.

Anyway, I think we need to print out some material, like maps similar to the ones on opencarry.org, visually showing in what states OC is allowed. We need to put some nice explanations of what constitutional carry is, why it's a good idea for people that believe in true freedom, and some statistics about crime rates after constitutional carry is implemented if we can find some reliable data from trusted sources. Obviously more will be in the material than just that, I'm just throwing stuff stuff out there, maybe you guys may have more ideas.

Regardless, we all need to get together and start this, as you guys have said. If we can get together in person, we can have live brainstorming sessions, and maybe even educated others at the same time.

So far it seems we're planning to meet around the Clinton area for breakfast on Saturday, October 8th. I'm not too familiar with the Clinton area, but somewhere right off the interstate would be best. Plus, there is a shooting range near that area if we decide we want to throw some lead down range afterwards.

It appears there is a McDonalds and a Waffle House off of exit 52 on I-26. The Waffle House is more my kind of breakfast place, but McDonalds has more room. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
This is one of the designs I made for Michigan. We are having a rally at the state capitol in May.

That's awesome! I tried to pull off making a fancier shirt, but those shirts always looked too busy. Your shirt just looks awesome and flows well.

You have a PM!

SovereignAxe

I just thought of something. Have you shared any of this with the Texas boards? It always surprises people when I tell them that it's illegal to OC in TX, and I'm sure the guys over there would be interested in these shirts.

carsontech

Activist Member
Those colors are.....not good. How about orange and purple, with a little tiger paw on the sleeve.....just asking. Maybe garnet and white, with a certain kind of little chicken....ya know what I mean?

I think I got it. We could have a chicken and a tiger open carrying, walking around the state of SC. Individual shirts can have one of the animals with appropriate color scheme.

I just thought of something. Have you shared any of this with the Texas boards? It always surprises people when I tell them that it's illegal to OC in TX, and I'm sure the guys over there would be interested in these shirts.

My goal is to design multiple constitutional carry and open carry shirts for almost every state. My main focus is SC, as well as the states that don't have open carry or some form of permitless carry.

TRG2008

Still willing to fight?

Im a young and new to handgun owning. At 21 years of age even I can see the definate positive reasons South Carolina should be an O.C. state. How can I help this movement?