Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Did you OC in Silver beach, B'ham testerday?

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137

    Did you OC in Silver beach, B'ham testerday?

    I have Loris sister and brother inlaw spending the weekend. Off to yard sailing yesterday when I notice a guy walking down the street with a WEAPON on his hip. (insert liberal call for alarm , gnashing of teeth and general crying) I do not see many other OCers in my immediate neighborhood, so let me know who you were(and probably still are) so we can get together. If I had been driving we would have stopped. (yard sailing took priority)


    damn, I misspelled yesterday
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-31-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: damn, I misspelled yesterday

  2. #2
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Ha!

    I had never heard that term, but sure enough here it is: http://tinyurl.com/3pgee5o

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I have Loris sister and brother inlaw spending the weekend. Off to yard sailing yesterday when I notice a guy walking down the street with a WEAPON on his hip. (insert liberal call for alarm , gnashing of teeth and general crying) I do not see many other OCers in my immediate neighborhood, so let me know who you were(and probably still are) so we can get together. If I had been driving we would have stopped. (yard sailing took priority)


    damn, I misspelled yesterday
    That might have been me, I am working just off Silver Beach area, and my wife had to stop at some Garage sales. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt. If not cool another OC'er.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    No was not you SVG, he was 5.10 / 6ft. cauc, med build, long pants, black hair, and pistol on left hip.

    Yard Sailing,
    the act of drifting where the wind blows in the hopes of finding that piece of ??? for $1
    yes that is the game. Sweet Baboo's stress relief.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    No was not you SVG, he was 5.10 / 6ft. cauc, med build, long pants, black hair, and pistol on left hip.

    Yard Sailing, yes that is the game. Sweet Baboo's stress relief.
    Any guesses on the age? I know I ran into one guy OCing at the gun store, said he saw others doing it and figured he would too. But other than that I have only ran into other OC'ers at the meets.

    My wife's too, our house is pretty much furnished with garage sales and good will. Last week she got me a brand new wall mount for the lcd tv that sells at Costco for 250 for 2 bucks. And it looks sweet.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-01-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    5
    I OC around town when I go to town... Live out in the county now tho.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by leadguitar06 View Post
    I OC around town when I go to town... Live out in the county now tho.
    Right on! Welcome aboard. And a guitar player too...I like to noodle from time to time. What part of the county do you live in?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    He was a mid 30s/early 40s.
    Welcome LG06. Wear the weapon, no one will notice.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 08-02-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong button

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    He was a mid 30s/early 40s.
    Welcome LG06. Wear the weapon, no one will notice.
    Except for the pants sounds like you are describing me.....lol.....I know you know who I am.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member skyisfalling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    birch bay , washington
    Posts
    140

    Whatcom County OC

    Hello out there.
    Anyone interested in group OC in Bellingham.
    Safety in numbers.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by skyisfalling View Post
    Hello out there.
    Anyone interested in group OC in Bellingham.
    Safety in numbers.
    When are you in Bham, we can do lunch.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member skyisfalling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    birch bay , washington
    Posts
    140

    Whatcom County OC

    Hi 'ya SV Gunner.
    I'm in Blaine. My girlfriend lives in Sudden Vally.
    I can meet anywhere.
    I need to get my act together. I need a video camera and Constitutional hand-out.
    Do you worry about confrontations?
    -Andy.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Count me in. Robert, call my cell when you set it up. Starbucks by Freddys? Sky, no worries about confrontations, just be yourself. Be calm and Carry on. If you do not act nervous, no one else will.
    My Sweet Baboo and I went to Jalapenos for dinner this week. Very quiet. After we left we were stopped by another patron(a reserve LEO). He asked "if I was a member of the Open Carry group". I said yes and he turned to his friend(visiting from out of state) and said "See, Washington has the best laws". They then ran off to catch the rest of the group they were with. Cool.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 08-05-2011 at 12:50 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Count me in. Robert, call my cell when you set it up. Starbucks by Freddys? Sky, no worries about confrontations, just be yourself. Be calm and Carry on. If you do not act nervous, no one else will.
    My Sweet Baboo and I went to Jalapenos for dinner this week. Very quiet. After we left we were stopped by another patron(a reserve LEO). He asked "if I was a member of the Open Carry group". I said yes and he turned to his friend(visiting from out of state) and said "See, Washington has the best laws". They then ran off to catch the rest of the group they were with. Cool.
    I second that, I used to say act like you belong and people will assume you belong. I am changing my mind on that to "Know you belong and know you are right". It helps a lot just in case you have an encounter you will be able to remain calm and rational.

    I have had a few encounters, mostly good with LEO as far as OC go. Bellingham has been well been forced to recognize the right and should leave ya alone now.

    I just framed a house in Blaine, and had no problems there although I only carried to the gas station, Burger King, Subway, and the Asian restaurant (for lunch times).

    Aug. 14th sounds good to me, I'll be there.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •