• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did you OC in Silver beach, B'ham testerday?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have Loris sister and brother inlaw spending the weekend. Off to yard sailing yesterday when I notice a guy walking down the street with a WEAPON on his hip. (insert liberal call for alarm , gnashing of teeth and general crying) I do not see many other OCers in my immediate neighborhood, so let me know who you were(and probably still are) so we can get together. If I had been driving we would have stopped. (yard sailing took priority)

damn, I misspelled yesterday

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I have Loris sister and brother inlaw spending the weekend. Off to yard sailing yesterday when I notice a guy walking down the street with a WEAPON on his hip. (insert liberal call for alarm , gnashing of teeth and general crying) I do not see many other OCers in my immediate neighborhood, so let me know who you were(and probably still are) so we can get together. If I had been driving we would have stopped. (yard sailing took priority)

damn, I misspelled yesterday

That might have been me, I am working just off Silver Beach area, and my wife had to stop at some Garage sales. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt. If not cool another OC'er.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
No was not you SVG, he was 5.10 / 6ft. cauc, med build, long pants, black hair, and pistol on left hip.

Yard Sailing,
the act of drifting where the wind blows in the hopes of finding that piece of ??? for $1
yes that is the game. Sweet Baboo's stress relief.

sudden valley gunner

No was not you SVG, he was 5.10 / 6ft. cauc, med build, long pants, black hair, and pistol on left hip.

Yard Sailing, yes that is the game. Sweet Baboo's stress relief.

Any guesses on the age? I know I ran into one guy OCing at the gun store, said he saw others doing it and figured he would too. But other than that I have only ran into other OC'ers at the meets.

My wife's too, our house is pretty much furnished with garage sales and good will. Last week she got me a brand new wall mount for the lcd tv that sells at Costco for 250 for 2 bucks. And it looks sweet.

Last edited:

skyisfalling

Whatcom County OC

Hi 'ya SV Gunner.
I'm in Blaine. My girlfriend lives in Sudden Vally.
I can meet anywhere.
I need to get my act together. I need a video camera and Constitutional hand-out.
Do you worry about confrontations?
-Andy.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Count me in. Robert, call my cell when you set it up. Starbucks by Freddys? Sky, no worries about confrontations, just be yourself. Be calm and Carry on. If you do not act nervous, no one else will.
My Sweet Baboo and I went to Jalapenos for dinner this week. Very quiet. After we left we were stopped by another patron(a reserve LEO). He asked "if I was a member of the Open Carry group". I said yes and he turned to his friend(visiting from out of state) and said "See, Washington has the best laws". They then ran off to catch the rest of the group they were with. Cool.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Count me in. Robert, call my cell when you set it up. Starbucks by Freddys? Sky, no worries about confrontations, just be yourself. Be calm and Carry on. If you do not act nervous, no one else will.
My Sweet Baboo and I went to Jalapenos for dinner this week. Very quiet. After we left we were stopped by another patron(a reserve LEO). He asked "if I was a member of the Open Carry group". I said yes and he turned to his friend(visiting from out of state) and said "See, Washington has the best laws". They then ran off to catch the rest of the group they were with. Cool.

I second that, I used to say act like you belong and people will assume you belong. I am changing my mind on that to "Know you belong and know you are right". It helps a lot just in case you have an encounter you will be able to remain calm and rational.

I have had a few encounters, mostly good with LEO as far as OC go. Bellingham has been well been forced to recognize the right and should leave ya alone now. :lol:

I just framed a house in Blaine, and had no problems there although I only carried to the gas station, Burger King, Subway, and the Asian restaurant (for lunch times).

Aug. 14th sounds good to me, I'll be there.