• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dead with a purpose/ NO ON AB 144! (epic image)

puppy8agun

dead_8032text_web.jpg

Dead with a purpose. Open Carry Lobbyist dead at age 37

Attachments

• Oleg dead_8032text_web (1).jpg
    Oleg dead_8032text_web (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Hopefully he got some non-zombie ones of you too.

Also, you scary.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
ConditionThree goes all C.S.I. on picture analysis

Not enough blood. The edge of the blood is feathered- not pooled as if on a hard surface. And I think if there were that much bruising around the eye, we would also see subconjunctival hemorrhaging making the sclera red. The position of the knife and stab wound suggests an attack from the side or behind...or perhaps that the victim had fallen on the blade in an ensuing struggle for the weapon. Absence of footwear or a purse places the victim at home or in circumstances where running from an attacker made it necessary to abandon their shoes or that the victim's purse was taken. Tan line around the left wrist may indicate a watch or bracelet is missing.

To me, it's a little difficult to make out the connection between AB144 and the circumstances that lead to this 'dead person' because it is not clear whether the victim depicted was in public or at home...or whether the victim was able to detect the attack before it happened. Perhaps a spilled cup of Peet's coffee might be just a little too inflammatory, am I right? Of course, only we at OCDO would get that jab.

While I am a big fan of Oleg Volks' work, usually it paints a more exact and poignant message. In many of his pictures, he does a side-by-side comparisom. This may have benefited well in further filling in details of this sketch.

donny

Needlessly graphic, poorly done, and smacks of gun nut. Such imaging will do nothing to win over anyone on the fence and in fact may drive them the opposite way. Yet another example of how some in the firearms community are their own worst enemies. When will they learn what appeals to them doesn't necessarily appeal to the general public?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's an interesting ad. Interesting enough to make me go look up AB144. I see a lot of criticism here but no specific suggestions for a better ad....

oc4ever

This ad does not work for me.

Guns can and do cause bloodshed, mostly by crooks. The idea should be how guns can prevent this photo. Maybe this lady alive in a torn blouse standing with a smoking gun over a a "well ventilated" crook with her sporting a slight smile would make a better picture. The heading reading "REAL JUSTICE TAKES MANY FORMS....VICTIM 1-RAPIST 0"

No i am not serious!!!

I have no idea what would be a better ad. But this one does not help the cause IMHO. It is just gross, and the message is not clear; just shocking to most people not involved with OC.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Guns can and do cause bloodshed, mostly by crooks. The idea should be how guns can prevent this photo. Maybe this lady alive in a torn blouse standing with a smoking gun over a a "well ventilated" crook with her sporting a slight smile would make a better picture. The heading reading "REAL JUSTICE TAKES MANY FORMS....VICTIM 1-RAPIST 0"

No i am not serious!!!

I have no idea what would be a better ad. But this one does not help the cause IMHO. It is just gross, and the message is not clear; just shocking to most people not involved with OC.

I like that one, especially the "hint of a smile" and the "scorecard" elements.

Of course a simple sie by side of a cell phone and a 38 snubbie......over the top of another side by side of an deceased victim (under teh phone of course) and a "ventilated bad guy". To add some extra zip, have the backdrop of the victim/non victim be...oh...how about a Peets under the phone and a Starbucks under the 38? Oh heck, just use a GFSZ motif.