• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Reagan Report - Article in the Baraboo News - Legal Guns would Make Norway Safer

theoicarry

In the Baraboo News Republic on Friday, the editorial section of the paper included this article from Michael Reagan - The son of Ronald Reagan. I could not get to the link on the Baraboo Republic because we do not Subscribe. But did find it on the web. This article is very positive and interresting with regard to CC. I have copied the link and hopefully it will work for anyone whom is interested. If not I will also show the Reagan Site. I have not seen this on the forum so if I duplicated something I appologize in advance.

http://www.reagan.com/news/?legal-guns-would-make-norway-safer-620.html

Also www.reagan.com

This article is on top of this web page

jpm84092

Nice article by Mr. Reagan, but the "facts" stated in the article are "dated". As of today, thirty seven states are "shall issue" and Vermont is Constitutional Carry and does not issue permits. (38 so far because Constitutional Carry is the highest form of "shall issue") Alabama is "may issue", but behaves like a "shall issue" state and WI will be "shall issue" on November 1, 2011. That leaves Illinois as the sole remaining "right denied" state, with New York (particularly in NYC), NJ, CT, RI, MD, MA, DE, and California in the "may issue" category where getting a permit is all about who you know and whether you have contributed enough to the Democratic Party.