• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places still posting signs.

jdholmes

Hi guys,

I thought that Henderson DMV was supposed to be removing their signs, but the other day I was in there and they still have a sign posted on their door stating that it is prohibited to carry firearms inside the building.

Also I recall that Henderson City Hall had relented and stated they would be removing their signs as well. I was there last week and they also have a sign on the door stating that no one but LEO can carry firearms inside.

What is up with that?

I have been following all of this for almost a year from afar...finally moved here from Eastern Canada three weeks ago so I have been actively looking for signs and to see if i can spot any OC'ers. Haven't seen anyone yet.

The Big Guy

Take a look at the sign again at the DMV. My understanding is that it now says "no conceal carry". The last time I was at Henderson DMV there was no sign on the door at all. As far as Henderson goes, it is A-OK for you to open carry in Henderson City Hall. You are correct that it says LEO only, yep, the same old sign. I am guessing that they have no intention of changing it but wish to leave it up to fool people. They however are NOT enforcing it. My opinion is they are playing games. Be assured I have carried in Henderson City Hall numerous times now with absolutely no problems. I believe others have as well. If you look in my thread about the fight with Henderson, you will see a copy from ACA Lentz stating they can't enforce the old policy. I carry a copy in my wallet just in case I run into someone trying to enforce the old policy. You will also look on the "rules" sign at Henderson parks and see that the line about no firearms and weapons is taped over. My neighbor works at one of the parks and when she found out it was me that forced the issue, she explained her displeasure with me, oh well.

Welcome to the forum, open carry and the area.

TBG

jdholmes

Thanks for the reply. I had indeed been following the fight with Henderson closely, and appreciate the efforts.

I will look again next time but I was pretty sure the DMV on Stephanie does not specify concealed. I won't be there again for another couple weeks probably. The only thing that sparks doubt in my mind is that we also were at the one on Sahara...so it may have been that one.

Looking forward to picking up some firearms here and joining the open carry movement in a visible manner.

By the way...you aren't the same big guy that is an avid member of the AVS forums are you?

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Thanks for the reply. I had indeed been following the fight with Henderson closely, and appreciate the efforts.

I will look again next time but I was pretty sure the DMV on Stephanie does not specify concealed. I won't be there again for another couple weeks probably. The only thing that sparks doubt in my mind is that we also were at the one on Sahara...so it may have been that one.

Looking forward to picking up some firearms here and joining the open carry movement in a visible manner.

By the way...you aren't the same big guy that is an avid member of the AVS forums are you?

Sorry, I don't even know what the AVS forum is.

TBG