• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belt Fed 1911 Anyone Ever See This

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Interesting idea. Really poitnless from a practical defensive standpoint. Might be fun at the range though. Where's the video of the thing actually functioning?

Last edited:

REALteach4u

Not a single video of it actually working? Even been posted on thehighroad.org as bunk.

First thing you should notice is that these are all set up without physical support of the belt. Feed trays exist for a reason so it's very likely those are just belts stuffed into mag wells and ejection ports if they aren't just photochopped.

The .308AR simply won't work that way given the way the AR platform is designed.

Last edited:

PHB

I would have a few questions first what feeds belt and where doe's the belt material go?

IMHO will not work

carry for myself

1911-yes because it is bottom fed, with a top ejector

rifle-yes because see above.

ar-from the pic i call BS. you can clearly see the belt going into the ejection port, with no actual ejection port on the other side, now the way the gas piston works, it could not eject the round through the bottom, because it would drop the belt instantly, it would HAVE to have some type of ejection port on on the left hand side to feed the belt of spent casings through. good idea.....but the photo is phony ;-)