• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i have a question about a law

hydroxside

I have a question about the now carrying a firearm in a place that sells beer I looked at the law and it says
Only conceld firearms nothing about oc firearms and forgive me on my spelling on my mobile. If someone
Could give me the gs number that would be great and one more thing what's up with people putting
Signs up with no weopons aloud and having the wrong gs number on it what would u do?

Cap45

Statute

The statute specifically says any weapon, so you cannot open carry into an establishmant that both alcohol is both sold and consumed. As far as a place that only sells alcohol, you can both open and conceal carry.

§ 14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) This section shall not apply to the following:

(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;

(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;

(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and

(4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Last edited:

muccione

you wont find any laws about what you CAN do.. Only laws what you CAN'T do.

Its like you can't carry concealed if you have any alcohol in your system. But OC is fine. I would not recommend ocing while drunk. But there is no statue saying you can't.