Thread: Good: "10 years later, opposition to concealed guns fades"

Wink Good: "10 years later, opposition to concealed guns fades"

Yes I know not OC but pro gun.... Two different spins on the same story, both good here in Mi...

from 10 years later, opposition to concealed guns fades | mlive.com

and from 10 years after concealed weapons law, unclear why many in state were gun-shy | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Copy writen material so just a short quote, read it at the above links...

IONIA, Mich. (AP) — Ten years after Michigan expanded the right of law-abiding adults to carry firearms, some of those who opposed the change say the dangers they feared didn't come to pass.
    and

Ten years after Michigan made it much easier for its citizens to get a license to carry a concealed gun, predictions of widespread lawless behavior and bloodshed have failed to materialize.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 08-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Banned
    The only think that really irritates me, is that people are still being mislead about PFZ's.

This is on MGO as well, my response to a posters question as to why I had a problem with them doing so is as follows.

"Because most people never read a law, and most never come here, or to OCDO. Therefore, the only place they acquire any knowledge of the law, is through media, or he said/ she said.

If the media were to say, "With the exception of open carry and a CPL", then this perception of OC in a school for example, would begin to change. When they say, "You can't carry in a school" like they did, people think that you can't, and they tell each other that you cant. When they see you carrying there, although lawful, they call the police thinking they are doing some great service, and there we begin to have difficulties."

I *think* we know that guy in the picture...

Funny how they used a picture of a person Openly Carrying for discussion of Concealed Carry Laws...

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    I *think* we know that guy in the picture...

Funny how they used a picture of a person Openly Carrying for discussion of Concealed Carry Laws...
    Concealed means concealed, so they had to find someone that was OC, there was no other option.... Either way it does put a good spin on anyone that is carrying.....