• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Police Alert

dukenukum

Lansing Police officers have been telling people open carrying is brandishing and illegal in Michigan.
Was told this at Quality Dairy on Pennsylvania Avenue and Cavanaugh and Kroger on Holmes and MLK.
I thought this was a non Issue with LPD but I guess they need a reminder.

SFCRetired

I think I'd be serving 40 to life if that were the case... ;)

Naww, there's a big difference between having a temporary case of the dumbass, we all have that occasionally, and being ate slam up with the dumbass. Guess who I think is ate slam up with it?:lol: Hint: It ain't you, DrTodd.

Bronson

How long have we been saying "don't ask the police about Open Carry"??? We know what they will say by now...

I'd be willing to bet a stale cookie that it went something like this:

Officer says: "There was a court case and the CADL won and now nobody can OC there, and now the CADL is trying to get it so OC is considered brandishing and I wouldn't be upset if they win."

Store employee hears: OC is brandishing.

Bronson