Thread: O HAI GUYS!!! Not OC related, but related ya know what I mean?

O HAI GUYS!!! Not OC related, but related ya know what I mean?

Ok, I need your help guys. I have a chance to get my step grandfathers 1911 service pistol from WW2. It's brown, in great shape, and would be a GREAT weapon to OC, not only because it's a 1911, but because it's also a great piece of history.

Anyone know how to look up the manufacture date by serial number? It is a Remington made one, an officer carried it, it's brown.

Only mods made are the new barrel, but I have the original barrel also.

PM me, I might be able to help.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Banned
    Get hold of the manufacturer, they will look it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Ok, I need your help guys. I have a chance to get my step grandfathers 1911 service pistol from WW2. It's brown, in great shape, and would be a GREAT weapon to OC, not only because it's a 1911, but because it's also a great piece of history.

Anyone know how to look up the manufacture date by serial number? It is a Remington made one, an officer carried it, it's brown.

Only mods made are the new barrel, but I have the original barrel also.
    I have found websites that also provide this information... just throw some search terms such as "1911", "historical", "Remington", and "serial number" in Google or another search engine and see what you find.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I'm under the impression that the Remington Rand 1911's are fairly rare and likely quite valuable. Call me paranoid but IMO that's one you may want to keep out of sight and use a cheap Glock for carry. IN addition you'll probably find the sights on that old Service Pistol are darned near invisible compared to the sights on a modern pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter123 View Post
    I'm under the impression that the Remington Rand 1911's are fairly rare and likely quite valuable. Call me paranoid but IMO that's one you may want to keep out of sight and use a cheap Glock for carry. IN addition you'll probably find the sights on that old Service Pistol are darned near invisible compared to the sights on a modern pistol.
    Hey take it easy with the "cheap glock" stuff....They work just fine.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    Hey take it easy with the "cheap glock" stuff....They work just fine.
    Combat Tupperware! (don't flame me, I have two. Just couldn't resist!)
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

OOOOHHHH...Combat Tupperware...I love it!
    Can I steal it's usage?

Rare? Nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    Can I steal it's usage?
    By all means- I stole it from author Patricia Cornwell's character Capt. Marino.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Combat Tupperware! (don't flame me, I have two. Just couldn't resist!)
    Combat tupperware you say! Ha! I think not SIR! Where are my matches!

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    Can I steal it's usage?
    Not you to,
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by nhcgrpr45 View Post
    combat tupperware you say! Ha! I think not sir! Where are my matches!

Not you to,
    :d:d:d