• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Equipped 2 Conceal Firearms Group Advertising Classes In Wausau

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Gee, a group based in Florida that will only charge me $99.00 for a three hour class so they can tell me about the things I first learned as a Junior NRA competitor almost 50 years ago, most of which was covered by Hunter Safety as well. I would pay $99.00 to a FIB Governor to teach me about political ethics & integrity before I would patronize CC trainers from Florida!! :cuss::banghead:

Trip20

With all of your firearm experience I'm sure you're not one who would benefit from this class, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that might find value in this basic firearm safety course. I can't tell if you're pissed off because the course is too basic, because they're from Florida and not some bumphuqed Wisconsin town, or because the course costs $99 instead of a much smaller fee.

Last edited:

Packfanatic

equating this

I personally equate this to the rash of imported roofers from Texas, ohio, nebraska, iowa and minnesota. that visited our area after the intense hail storms some near madison localities took. I have never seen so many out of state roofers in all my years in wisconsin.

I like to to support our local people. i would not take a class if the person was an out of stater. especially if one happens to be from minnesota. just my .02 cents worth

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
With all of your firearm experience I'm sure you're not one who would benefit from this class, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that might find value in this basic firearm safety course. I can't tell if you're pissed off because the course is too basic, because they're from Florida and not some bumphuqed Wisconsin town, or because the course costs $99 instead of a much smaller fee.

- Well, I don't have so much experience that I could not benefit a great deal from training, just not the level of training provided by this company.
- The training requirement sticks in my craw and I definitely don't like non-residents coming in to cash in on that requirement.
- Personally, I don't see $99.00 worth of value in the training and information being offered, but I realize my $.02 may have significantly less value !! :dude:

I think it would be helpful for the DOJ to get on the stick and issue some guidance followed by a call from NRA to their certified instructors (provided the DOJ will "bless" them). I know in some areas the hunter's safety courses are overbooked as it is and it would be very helpful if other organizations could step in to offer the mandated training.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members

phred

Hi Phred - I saw that story previously, but there are brand new banners just stuck in the ground around Marshfield and all they give is a toll-free number. Since Marshfield isn't on their web site I assumed they were offering additional training. My apologies if I confused the facts.

http://www.equip2conceal.com/classes/wisconsin-classes

They are offering four more classes in Wausau, one is tonight. Evidently there is enough "business" to warrant all the classes.

Trip20

- Well, I don't have so much experience that I could not benefit a great deal from training, just not the level of training provided by this company.
- The training requirement sticks in my craw and I definitely don't like non-residents coming in to cash in on that requirement.
- Personally, I don't see $99.00 worth of value in the training and information being offered, but I realize my $.02 may have significantly less value !! :dude:

I think it would be helpful for the DOJ to get on the stick and issue some guidance followed by a call from NRA to their certified instructors (provided the DOJ will "bless" them). I know in some areas the hunter's safety courses are overbooked as it is and it would be very helpful if other organizations could step in to offer the mandated training.

I hear ya. I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't benefit from any training. I meant what you said -- that this level is beneath you, which is likely why your third point (not seeing $99 worth of value) makes sense for you. My only contention is that people with less experience, or more importantly no experience, would probably benefit from this firearm safety class.

My real qualm with these guys is their claim that they meet DOJ requirements. That's such a gray area at this point that I think it may be misleading.

But all that aside, the most important discovery at this point is the fact that these guys know R. Lee Ermey:

CIMG3659.jpg

Packfanatic

wait a bit

Will an on-line training course satisfy the requirements to obtain a concealed carry permit?

The Department of Justice is aware that some vendors and others have made public statements that on-line courses and other types of training will satisfy the requirements of the law. We are currently studying that issue and will be
promulgating administrative rules that will address the type and manner of training that will be sufficient. We anticipate that those rules will be in place prior to November 1, 2011. It is expected that a variety of existing training programs will be sufficient; however, until the rules are in place, no vendors can guarantee that their training will qualify

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I hear ya. I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't benefit from any training. I meant what you said -- that this level is beneath you, which is likely why your third point (not seeing $99 worth of value) makes sense for you. My only contention is that people with less experience, or more importantly no experience, would probably benefit from this firearm safety class.

My real qualm with these guys is their claim that they meet DOJ requirements. That's such a gray area at this point that I think it may be misleading.

But all that aside, the most important discovery at this point is the fact that these guys know R. Lee Ermey:

CIMG3659.jpg

1000's & 1000's of people have had their Pic taken with Gunnery SGT Hartman, your senior Drill instructor at the SHOT SHow in las Vegas Just like these guys did ( those are SHOT SHow ID'S hanging around their necks ).....I met him at the SHOT show in Vegas 4-5 years ago but does not mean anything, Just like this picture..It's a PR picture ..those vendors just happened to be at the right booth @ the right time........too many people in line to get a picture taken with him so I kept walking & walking & walking & walking..went home with about 75 pounds worth of Catalogs, autographs, free stuff, stickers, patches, ball caps, a few shirts. ETC....SHOT show is awesome !!!

Last edited:

GreenCountyPete

i don't like it.

I have had more co-workers , friends , acquaintances and family point out the adds for concealed carry training classes.

I quickly point out that the training guidelines have not been published yet and that any of these classes are speculators trying to cash in.

also point out that I am a state certified firearms instructor, but that i choose to donate my time to teaching youth shooting sports.

that when we have the real training guidelines that i know of one or more groups that will be setting up training that will meet or exceed the requirement , wait save your money for a good gun and practice ammo.

GreenCountyPete

this from the DOJ web site question and answer pdf

Can I send in my application today or anytime before November 1?
No. All applications must be made on the form that is provided by DOJ. This form is still being developed.

Moreover, applicants will need to receive training that meets the statutory requirements as specified in rules that are currently being promulgated.

Finally, DOJ may not process applications before November 1 because when it performs background checks, it must have access to up-to-date criminal history information.

amaixner

This group was all over Iowa this year also, as we just overhauled our permit laws. I haven't heard anything bad about them, other than the annoying cardboard signs all over the place. Welcome to the free market.

Equip2ConcealInst.

I hope I can clear up the confusion with everyone here.

My name is Chandler, I am a Equip 2 Conceal Firearms instructor and Wausau and the 50 mile radius, including marshfield, is the area I maintain and teach classes out of.
We do offer the basic level 1 firearms course in marshfield which is going to be held at the Bulls Eyes on the 15th at 5:30 pm and our main location is the Howard Johnson in Rib Mountain.

We meet the requirements according to SB 93 act 35 to teach these firearms classes within the state of Wisconsin.

This class covers the basics of hand guns (Something you will not get in a Hunters Safety course) and the biggest part of this class is the laws of wisconsin to concealed carry, which many people are unsure about since there are many gray areas within them.

We explain the everything you need to know to properly handle, store, and maintaining your firearm. Along with that we go in to great detail about the laws on concealed carrying within the state of Wisconsin.

We are a National Firearms School and are very reputable and recognized company, for those who have not seen us around or heard of us, you can always visit us at www.e2c.us

If anyone has any questions what so ever, I can do my best to help.
You can respond to this post or call 1-866-371-6111 and one of three instructors within the state will answer.

Da Po-lock

I hope I can clear up the confusion with everyone here.

My name is Chandler, I am a Equip 2 Conceal Firearms instructor and Wausau and the 50 mile radius, including marshfield, is the area I maintain and teach classes out of.
We do offer the basic level 1 firearms course in marshfield which is going to be held at the Bulls Eyes on the 15th at 5:30 pm and our main location is the Howard Johnson in Rib Mountain.

We meet the requirements according to SB 93 act 35 to teach these firearms classes within the state of Wisconsin.

This class covers the basics of hand guns (Something you will not get in a Hunters Safety course) and the biggest part of this class is the laws of wisconsin to concealed carry, which many people are unsure about since there are many gray areas within them.

We explain the everything you need to know to properly handle, store, and maintaining your firearm. Along with that we go in to great detail about the laws on concealed carrying within the state of Wisconsin.We are a National Firearms School and are very reputable and recognized company, for those who have not seen us around or heard of us, you can always visit us at www.e2c.us

If anyone has any questions what so ever, I can do my best to help.
You can respond to this post or call 1-866-371-6111 and one of three instructors within the state will answer.

I know for a fact that there are many of our members right here on this forum who can and do explain the laws of WI concealed carry very well. Read past threads and you will see this.

There are also several members here who were VERY instrumental in getting concealed carry to become a reality for WI.

HOW could you possibly provide any more or better interpretation of Act 35 (for a fee) than we already have received and will continue to receive than on this forum for free ?

What exactly are your qualificatons to "go in to great detail about the laws on concealed carrying within the state of Wisconsin" and teach "biggest part of this class is the laws of wisconsin to concealed carry" ?

What is the training YOU received to become qualified to teach the legalities of CC in Wisconsin ?

You have the same FREE public access as we do to clarify any "grey areas" about the new law.

How DO you interpret Act 35 ? Do you have any legal counsel ?

Do you GUARANTEE your interpretation in 100% correct ?

Do you GUARANTEE your training will met the training requirement ?
The WI DOJ put out a notice recetly warning people that NO ONE can really claim their training will meet the requirement yet.

What did YOU do to "support the cause" to bring CC to Wisconsin ?
Did you contact your legislator to urge them to support CC ?
Did you attend any of the public hearings ?

You seem to be pretty eager to cash in on this.

I saw E2C signs splattered around Green Bay mere hours after SB93 was signed into law.
What DID happen with all of the "classes" that were scheduled to be held in Green Bay ? I really never heard of anyone taking any of them.

I for one WILL only support instructors who live in Wisconsin.

...................Da Po-lock

Equip2ConcealInst.

I was merly telling everyone what the class was about and intales.

This seems like something that we should discuss verbally, if you like you can give us a call.

1-866-371-6111

Last edited:

Da Po-lock

I was merly telling everyone what the class was about and intales.

This seems like something that we should discuss verbally, if you like you can give us a call.

1-866-371-6111

I was merely asking your qualifications !

There are 2 separate E2C threads on this WI forum and both pretty clearly imply most will not attend or pay for out-of-state groups who come here to provide training.

Maybe if you answered all of MY provious questions it would "clear up the confusion with everyone here" as you stated.

I feel no real need to give you a call to discuss this verbally.

I responded to this post but you did not answer ANY of my questions that you offered to do when you stated "If anyone has any questions what so ever, I can do my best to help."

So, please answer my questions here on this post like you offered to do.

Equip2ConcealInst.

I know for a fact that there are many of our members right here on this forum who can and do explain the laws of WI concealed carry very well. Read past threads and you will see this.

There are also several members here who were VERY instrumental in getting concealed carry to become a reality for WI.

HOW could you possibly provide any more or better interpretation of Act 35 (for a fee) than we already have received and will continue to receive than on this forum for free ?

What exactly are your qualificatons to "go in to great detail about the laws on concealed carrying within the state of Wisconsin" and teach "biggest part of this class is the laws of wisconsin to concealed carry" ?

What is the training YOU received to become qualified to teach the legalities of CC in Wisconsin ?

You have the same FREE public access as we do to clarify any "grey areas" about the new law.

How DO you interpret Act 35 ? Do you have any legal counsel ?

Do you GUARANTEE your interpretation in 100% correct ?

Do you GUARANTEE your training will met the training requirement ?
The WI DOJ put out a notice recetly warning people that NO ONE can really claim their training will meet the requirement yet.

What did YOU do to "support the cause" to bring CC to Wisconsin ?
Did you contact your legislator to urge them to support CC ?
Did you attend any of the public hearings ?

You seem to be pretty eager to cash in on this.

I saw E2C signs splattered around Green Bay mere hours after SB93 was signed into law.
What DID happen with all of the "classes" that were scheduled to be held in Green Bay ? I really never heard of anyone taking any of them.

I for one WILL only support instructors who live in Wisconsin.

...................Da Po-lock

1) Everyone in the state of Wisconsin is not a member of this forum. There for not everyone knows the laws, or Act itself.

2) My Personal Certification is being trained thru the NRA

3) I interpret Act 35 the exact way it should be and nothing more. Just like any other Firearms instructor would.

4) If my interpretation was not correct, i would not be teaching it.

5) Yes it should have no problem meeting the requirements and for any reason what so ever, we will honor and provide the additional training if needed.

6) And I support our 2nd amendment, which is in fact supporting Wisconsin in CC and all the other states that have allowed CC to become apart of their state. Last state now is Illinois.

Now that I have answered your questions. What else would you like to know and can I help you with?

As i have said before, this is a basic pistol firearms class intended for people who are new to firearms so nobody gets hurt. And most of all supporting our rights.

Im sure you must be a well "Experienced" shooter yourself from the sounds of it and I would have nothing to offer you since you have taken the time to do your research and follow this subject. But you can not speak for the whole state of Wisconsin.

Last edited:

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
3) I interpret Act 35 the exact way it should be and nothing more. Just like any other Firearms instructor would.

4) If my interpretation was not correct, i would not be teaching it.

I don't care if you have memorized the entirety of Warren On Homicide and can recite it backwards in pig-latin. Your personal opinion on how Act 35 "SHOULD" be interpreted or the opinion of counsel in Florida is not binding on the DOJ, AG's office, or Supreme Court for the State of Wisconsin. There are still a few cards left to be played both before November 1 and after. While you may well be a decent sort, those statements in print strike me as arrogant and egotistical. I would not trust the judgement of such a person and would never allow them to provide me with any type of training or counsel on laws in the State of Wisconsin that affect the possession, carry, or use of firearms.

There are many here who have fought long and hard to bring open carry and concealed carry to this state; several forum members who worked to craft much of the actual language of SB93. Your company, Sir, is coming late to the party to cash in and move on.

AaronS

I don't care if you have memorized the entirety of Warren On Homicide and can recite it backwards in pig-latin. Your personal opinion on how Act 35 "SHOULD" be interpreted or the opinion of counsel in Florida is not binding on the DJ, AG's office, or Supreme Court for the State of Wisconsin. There are still a few cards left to be played both before November 1 and after. While you may well be a decent sort, those statements in print strike me as arrogant and egotistical. I would not trust the judgement of such a person and would never allow them to provide me with any type of training or counsel on laws in the State of Wisconsin that affect the possession, carry, or use of firearms.

There are many here who have fought long and hard to bring open carry and concealed carry to this state; several forum members who worked to craft much of the actual language of SB93. Your company, Sir, is coming late to the party to cash in and move on.

Yep all about the cash, again...

You have to admit, the "If my interpretation was not correct, i would not be teaching it." is a good joke. Guess this guy is never wrong. He must be a great reader if he can make up a custom class for Wisconsin just one day after the bill is passed.
I have read the new law a few times, and still don't understand some parts of it, because the DOJ has not made up the rules yet!