Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Gathering to remember 9/11

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Open Carry Gathering to remember 9/11

This Sept 11th is the 10th anniversary of the the devastating attacks on the American people. As we the people of this community here at OpenCarry.org are filled with true American patriots. I am inviting everyone to join me in a family styled gathering at the park to remember the loss of our fellow American and cherish the freedoms that we as American have here in "The Home of the Free and the Land of the Brave"

This gathering is what you want to make of it. I have the gazebo reserved in Gentry Park Which is Located in Bridgeton Mo. You can contribute to the dinning end of things and come eat and enjoy the company of your other proud Americans or just come and say hi. There are public restrooms and a large kids playground very close by. I looked and found no restrictions to either Open Carry or Conceal Carry other than those mandated by the state.

I have designated a logo'ed shirt for this event and it is for sale here.
    http://www.cafepress.com/OCMOfor911

Any and all proceeds I make from the shirts and or other items on sale here($4 per shirt $2 other items) will be donated to "The Twin Towers Orphan Fund". http://www.ttof.org/html/

If you wish to commit to assisting to the gather I will list you below so we can see what we have.

Gazebo rental $35
    Doc, $5

Meats
    Doc, 2 packs of hot dogs and buns

Side Dishes

Deserts

Drinks

Grill Masters and cooking supplies(the park has 2 grills but I need someone to man them)
    Doc, 1 bag of charcoal

Other

OC picnic

Direction to the park from I-270 would be good!

I'll bing some grill'n supplies - long forks, spatula, lighter fluid and another bag of charcoal, cooler with three bags of ice (OK, I'll skip the ice, covered), I'll pop for more if needed(?)as well.
    I'll also put in $30.00 cash to (DOC) you for the Gazebo rental - I'll get it to you very soon!

More if needed - let's see what others do.

Still need - large alum. foil, two alum. pans (Deep to put food in), paper plates (SPOKEN FOR), napkins, paper towels, pickles, plastic utensils (SPOKEN FOR), disposable table clothes would be nice, burgers (ALSO SPOKEN FOR) and buns (SOME ONE WILL BRING THIS ALSO), chips...)
    Last edited by mspgunner; 08-03-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Accomplished Advocate
    Case of coke
    200+ lbs of ice
    case of 80 hot dogs, whatever is left over donated to local food bank

My charming personality for the duration
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

I'll be bringing my manthong,oh wrong thread.....................

I'll bring some pepsi and a box of those burger things.

We can bring paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils. I'll also make some choc chip cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    I'll be bringing my manthong,oh wrong thread.....................

I'd love to come and join you all but it all depends on my work schedule and if I have the funds for gas seeing I live in Northwestern Kansas.
    Last edited by Mezmer; 08-03-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Since this event is posted on more than 1 place, it's safe to say we're over 25 or so people, keep it going!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I'll be in Columbia for a charity event. I'm riding 200 miles on my bike for the National Multiple-Sclerosis Society. One of these days, I'll be able to start attending events again. Money has been tight lately.

Accomplished Advocate

Casual day at work...

Sporting a new shirt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0143.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	6569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0142.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	6568  
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Sporting a new shirt
    the reversed print was bugging me.

Doc

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    the reversed print was bugging me.

Doc
    Trying to take the picture of the back of a shirt you are wearing at 5:45am was really bugging me this morning!

Pics of the park

Pictures of the reserved gazebo at Gentry park and the area around it.

My shirt came in the mail today!

Doc, that's a nice looking place for the picnic.

I ordered my shirt yesterday. I also picked up a Molon Labe shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/+molon_labe...hirt,306328798) I've been wanting for a while. With $2 off the M.L. shirt plus 15% off the entire order it was too good of a deal to pass up.

BTW, I just realized there are no times posted for the event. When does it start and for how long do we have the gazebo reserved?
    Last edited by Morpheus97; 08-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.

What time does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus97 View Post
    What time does it start?
    11:00AM-5:00PM
    From memory, some one will correct me if I am in error.....

Thanks

Program

Can any of you "sing"? Like the Star Spangle Banner?

I can't. If I tried, you'd all open fire.

Accomplished Advocate
    Perhaps we should do it back to back, folks will think one of the tornado sirens broke and will come to see how bad it must have been destroyed! That or someone will call PETA on us thinking we are bbq'ing live kitty cats.

I can do it but ain't no one gonna enjoy it.

ha...actually laughed at that post because im right there with you
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Ordered my shirt today.

I would love to attend this! I've actually never OC'd outside of my living room though. Any tips for a first time OCer?

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    I looked and found no restrictions to either Open Carry or Conceal Carry other than those mandated by the state.
    Also, I hate to be a possible debbie-downer, but since I'm new to this I looked up Bridgeton statutes and found this:

SECTION 205.530: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON ON PERSON

B. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall by authority of that endorsement or permit be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the City of Bridgeton, Missouri.
    link

I don't know if the park is technically owned by the city of bridgeton. for all our sakes, i really hope not. can anyone clarify this?

Quote Originally Posted by killercamaro View Post
    I would love to attend this! I've actually never OC'd outside of my living room though. Any tips for a first time OCer?

Also, I hate to be a possible debbie-downer, but since I'm new to this I looked up Bridgeton statutes and found this:

SECTION 205.530: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON ON PERSON

B. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall by authority of that endorsement or permit be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the City of Bridgeton, Missouri.
    link

I don't know if the park is technically owned by the city of bridgeton. for all our sakes, i really hope not. can anyone clarify this?

I applaud your efforts in learning the laws covering OC. In reference to OC under a gazebo and in a free standing public restroom have been addressed as a non issue. I believe MSPGunner has the legal info on this from his 2A gathering in Wildwood.

Doc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast