• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Gathering to remember 9/11

sohighlyunlikely

911Logocopy-1.jpg

This Sept 11th is the 10th anniversary of the the devastating attacks on the American people. As we the people of this community here at OpenCarry.org are filled with true American patriots. I am inviting everyone to join me in a family styled gathering at the park to remember the loss of our fellow American and cherish the freedoms that we as American have here in "The Home of the Free and the Land of the Brave"

This gathering is what you want to make of it. I have the gazebo reserved in Gentry Park Which is Located in Bridgeton Mo. You can contribute to the dinning end of things and come eat and enjoy the company of your other proud Americans or just come and say hi. There are public restrooms and a large kids playground very close by. I looked and found no restrictions to either Open Carry or Conceal Carry other than those mandated by the state.

I have designated a logo'ed shirt for this event and it is for sale here.
http://www.cafepress.com/OCMOfor911

Any and all proceeds I make from the shirts and or other items on sale here($4 per shirt $2 other items) will be donated to "The Twin Towers Orphan Fund". http://www.ttof.org/html/
2011-08-01_1950.png

If you wish to commit to assisting to the gather I will list you below so we can see what we have.

Gazebo rental $35
Doc, $5

Meats
Doc, 2 packs of hot dogs and buns

Side Dishes

Deserts

Drinks

Grill Masters and cooking supplies(the park has 2 grills but I need someone to man them)
Doc, 1 bag of charcoal

Other

mspgunner

OC picnic

Direction to the park from I-270 would be good!

I'll bing some grill'n supplies - long forks, spatula, lighter fluid and another bag of charcoal, cooler with three bags of ice (OK, I'll skip the ice, covered), I'll pop for more if needed(?)as well.
I'll also put in $30.00 cash to (DOC) you for the Gazebo rental - I'll get it to you very soon!

More if needed - let's see what others do.

Still need - large alum. foil, two alum. pans (Deep to put food in), paper plates (SPOKEN FOR), napkins, paper towels, pickles, plastic utensils (SPOKEN FOR), disposable table clothes would be nice, burgers (ALSO SPOKEN FOR) and buns (SOME ONE WILL BRING THIS ALSO), chips...)

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Case of coke
200+ lbs of ice
case of 80 hot dogs, whatever is left over donated to local food bank

My charming personality for the duration :)

Tony4310

I'll be bringing my manthong,oh wrong thread.....................

I'll bring some pepsi and a box of those burger things.

Mezmer

I'll be bringing my manthong,oh wrong thread.....................

iobarf.gif

I'd love to come and join you all but it all depends on my work schedule and if I have the funds for gas seeing I live in Northwestern Kansas.

Last edited:

StevenSTL

I'll be in Columbia for a charity event. I'm riding 200 miles on my bike for the National Multiple-Sclerosis Society. One of these days, I'll be able to start attending events again. Money has been tight lately.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Casual day at work...

Sporting a new shirt

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 134

Morpheus97

Doc, that's a nice looking place for the picnic.

I ordered my shirt yesterday. I also picked up a Molon Labe shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/+molon_labe_dark_tshirt,306328798) I've been wanting for a while. With $2 off the M.L. shirt plus 15% off the entire order it was too good of a deal to pass up.

BTW, I just realized there are no times posted for the event. When does it start and for how long do we have the gazebo reserved?

Last edited: