• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Gathering to remember 9/11

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I can't. If I tried, you'd all open fire.

Perhaps we should do it back to back, folks will think one of the tornado sirens broke and will come to see how bad it must have been destroyed! That or someone will call PETA on us thinking we are bbq'ing live kitty cats.

I can do it but ain't no one gonna enjoy it.

Oramac

I would love to attend this! I've actually never OC'd outside of my living room though. Any tips for a first time OCer?

I looked and found no restrictions to either Open Carry or Conceal Carry other than those mandated by the state.

Also, I hate to be a possible debbie-downer, but since I'm new to this I looked up Bridgeton statutes and found this:

SECTION 205.530: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON ON PERSON

B. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall by authority of that endorsement or permit be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the City of Bridgeton, Missouri.
link

I don't know if the park is technically owned by the city of bridgeton. for all our sakes, i really hope not. can anyone clarify this?

sohighlyunlikely

I would love to attend this! I've actually never OC'd outside of my living room though. Any tips for a first time OCer?

Also, I hate to be a possible debbie-downer, but since I'm new to this I looked up Bridgeton statutes and found this:

SECTION 205.530: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON ON PERSON

B. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of Revenue under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall by authority of that endorsement or permit be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the City of Bridgeton, Missouri.
link

I don't know if the park is technically owned by the city of bridgeton. for all our sakes, i really hope not. can anyone clarify this?

I applaud your efforts in learning the laws covering OC. In reference to OC under a gazebo and in a free standing public restroom have been addressed as a non issue. I believe MSPGunner has the legal info on this from his 2A gathering in Wildwood.

Doc

Oramac

I applaud your efforts in learning the laws covering OC. In reference to OC under a gazebo and in a free standing public restroom have been addressed as a non issue. I believe MSPGunner has the legal info on this from his 2A gathering in Wildwood.

Doc

That I am glad to hear!

mspgunner

Doc

A building is a place where City/state workers conduct their day to day operations as part of their job. Outdoor bathrooms, non-specific free standing buildings like storgae sheds... Privey type buildings... They are not where City/State business is conducted.

we are good.

sohighlyunlikely

food for Sunday

I am going to update the food list tomorrow evening after work. If anyone hasn't chimed in and wants to contribute I would say bring a dish of food. What it is doesn't really matter. That is why they call it pot luck. hehe.

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

Food List for Sunday

Meats
case of 80 hot dogs- LMTD
buns for all those dogs- Doc
box of those burger things-Tony
burger buns- LMTD

Side Dishes
1 pan of something- Mel D
2 bags of chips- Kyle M
big thing of baked beens- Tricia M
side dish- Chrissy S

Deserts
a cake- Mel D
choc chip cookies- Morpheus
a desert- Chrissy S

Drinks
Case of coke- LMTD
some Pepsi- Tony
drinks- Aaron P
case of bottled water- Mspgunner

Grill Masters and cooking supplies
bag of charcoal- Doc
long forks, cups, spatula, lighter fluid alum. foil and pans, bag of charcoal- Mspgunner
paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils- Morpheus
plates and plastic utensils- Aaron P

Assorted
200+ lbs of ice- LMTD
a cooler- Mspgunner

Last edited:

mspgunner

Meats

Side Dishes
2 bags of chips- Kyle M
side dish- Chrissy S

Deserts
a cake- Mel D
a desert- Chrissy S

Drinks
Case of coke- LMTD
some Pepsi- Tony
drinks- Aaron P

bag of charcoal- Doc
long forks, spatula, lighter fluid and another bag of charcoal- Mspgunner

Assorted
200+ lbs of ice- LMTD
a cooler- Mspgunner

I will bring plastic cups, hamberger buns, alum. foil and pans for the food to stay hot on the bar-b-q grill, also and a flag and a brief presentation talk for 9/11

xdmcompact

Meats
burger buns- LMTD

Side Dishes
2 bags of chips- Kyle M
side dish- Chrissy S

Deserts
a cake- Mel D
a desert- Chrissy S

Drinks
Case of coke- LMTD
some Pepsi- Tony
drinks- Aaron P

bag of charcoal- Doc
long forks, cups, spatula, lighter fluid alum. foil and pans, bag of charcoal- Mspgunner

Assorted
200+ lbs of ice- LMTD
a cooler- Mspgunner

Will bring a cooler as well that's alot of ice. I don't see anyone listed for condiments I will bring ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles and bbq sauce if needed. Will make myself available to run for anything forgotten or last minute needed necessities. I will bring a set of washers if anyone's up for it.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yo, Dudes with coolers, I have a very large cooler that will be filled, I need you guys to meet with me at approximately 10:00 am at the picnic, we can unload our food and soda and roll up the road about 2 or 3 miles to my work and load the coolers with as much ice as you want to carry. My cooler alone holds about 200 lbs but I have perhaps 3 to 4 thousand pounds at work in the bins. There is no concerns about trouble at work over it, the students are taught to repair the ice makers and the ice is a byproduct aka proving they made the repair.

Last week was "bin cleaning and santization" :) so the ice would be perfect.

you can call me before hand if you like and if you do not have the number PM me and I will share.

I had hoped to get some phone holders into production but am sad to report I did ot get to it. Got some sliders on the heap and a couple inches of lift so I have to get some wheelin time in soon as well!

mspgunner

Bunch of folks

53 from the Facebook site for this said they'll be there.... Doubt it, we'll see.

Car is loaded up, I'm ready!

Let's gather, let's remember!!!

Last edited: