Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul for president

Ron Paul for president

What do you guys think?... so far I have my eye on Ron Paul and Rick Perry if he gets in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbq--...ure=grec_index
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

I vote for Ron Paul or no one. He and his son are the only people in Congress that I could vote for.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that fully respects the foundation that our country was founded on.

I am sure that many gun owners feel the same way, however don't quite realize it yet.

At any rate. I will continue to vote for him, even if he was not running.

I think he is who I will be voting for. Although I think Rick Perry is respectable as well, but I guess we will see what happens. Anything is better then joke we have now.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

^ That is all...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Nice...

I will vote for him, but think it is unlikely that he will make it.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. — Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I don't come here for political discussions or candidate hype except as they relate to Open Carry. There are myriad political forums where you can show your support.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I don't come here for political discussions or candidate hype except as they relate to Open Carry. There are myriad political forums where you can show your support.
    There is a political section to OCDO and the thread was moved there.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Well thanks for your contribution to the thread...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Well thanks for your contribution to the thread...
    My "contribution" to the thread (and my flagging it) may have been the predicate for the moderator moving it to a more suitable part of the forum. I still suggest that OCDO should remain dedicated to Open Carry and Second Amendment issues (as they pertain to bearing arms) rather than serve as a general purpose forum. It is difficult enough to keep legitimate topics on track without allowing non-germane topics for which there is an almost certain propensity for rigid polar-opposite opinions and personal attacks.

Would be nice to see more pro-gun Democrats these days. I know their are some that are but not much these days.

Back in the old days there was, like President Franklin D. Roosevelt and President John F. Kennedy. Those President's were very pro-gun and its a shame in my opinion that most Democrats don't feel the same as those two President's.

My "contribution" to the thread (and my flagging it) may have been the predicate for the moderator moving it to a more suitable part of the forum.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Heck yeah I'm voting for him!

He's also the most pro-gun presidential candidate so that fit's in with OCDO quite nicely. Only Ron thinks airlines should be able to allow private citizens to carry protection on flights. 9-11 may never have happened had that been allowed, or at least if the pilots had been allowed.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Heck yeah I'm voting for him!

He's also the most pro-gun presidential candidate so that fit's in with OCDO quite nicely. Only Ron thinks airlines should be able to allow private citizens to carry protection on flights. 9-11 may never have happened had that been allowed, or at least if the pilots had been allowed.
    Case in point: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=45185
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Banned
    If it comes down to Paul v. Obama, I'll hold my nose and vote for Paul. He is a whack-a-doodle that will get zero support from me in the primary process.

Actually, in the general election, it would be more a matter of my voting against Obama than voting for Paul. In the last election, I voted for Palin for Veep, not for McCain for prez.

As far as I have seen Ron Paul is 100% constitution. Why do you have this "whack-a-doodle" view of him?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    In the last election, I voted for Palin for Veep, not for McCain for prez.
    Talk about a Wack a Doodle. >.<

Lady supports gun rights, sure. But she is a ding-bat and has not and will not always do the right thing.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    As far as I have seen Ron Paul is 100% constitution. Why do you have this "whack-a-doodle" view of him?
    Because Ron Paul disagrees with Statist republican viewpoints. (only guessing) Praying for war says it's because his followers are kooky and names the one group of conspiracy theorist that would vote for him. I am not a conspiracy nut, but would rather align myself with them than all the other anti-liberty unconstitutional candidates out there and the myriads of kooky, whack-a-doodles that vote for them.

I never voted in my life but I will vote Ron Paul he is the only candidate that cares about what the constitutions says and believes in what the true meaning of 2A is.

If Ron Paul wasn't the candidate our choice would be between a **** sandwich and a ****** bag, I wouldn't hold my nose because I wouldn't go near the voting booth for either one.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...82/debate-2004
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-02-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Ron Paul!

Not sure where the whack-doodle views are coming from. I've read two of his books. Read his commentary on the economic situation, The Fed, watched too many of his interviews to count.

Seems a pretty solid, thoughtful fellow to me.

I guess WhackDoodleApe would advocate voting for a big-spending, big promising, establishment-supporting, debt-raising, war-promoting, false-promising, looting expropriator.

Sorry, I'm just not willing to sic someone like that on my fellow Americans. Loads of sarcastic thanks in advance to everybody who might vote for such a candidate, siccing them on me.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-02-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Wait, I'm still confused.....what's a whack doodle?!?!?!? Lol

If I had to choose I would take Ron Paul over Rick Perry or Obama.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

He is considered a wacko because that is the way the left leaning media has portrayed him. They have taken things he has said out of context.

Ron Paul is all about getting Gov't out of our lives and back to what it should be. Therefore the liberals are afraid of him and attack him as often as possible. After all , tell a lie repeatedly and long enough people will start to believe.

He will get my vote .

Anyone who votes for a candidate other than Ron Paul should be charged with "domestic terrorism" for aiding and abetting treason and sedition against the Republic, because EVERYONE on the Republican ticket (other than Ron Paul) is a traitor to the Union.

Rick Perry is someone you should run away from as you can. He was one of the big "movers and shakers" behind the NAFTA Superhighway, and the Trans Texas Corridor which is a toll road that was handed to a Spanish company.

Perry mandated that all school girls in TX be required to get Gardasil vaccines in order to attend a public school in TX.

Perry killed the anti-TSA bill in the TX Legislature last session.

He is an avowed globalist, a Bilderberger (2007 and 2011), and a member of the CFR. He is essentially a major "buttboy" for the Banksters, and is doing everything in his power to destroy the economy, sovereignty and honor of the State of Texas, and the USA.

I'd vote for Obama before I'd vote for Perry...

Ron Paul-2012
    Any other vote is a vote for feudalism.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Would be nice to see more pro-gun Democrats these days. I know their are some that are but not much these days.

Back in the old days there was, like President Franklin D. Roosevelt and President John F. Kennedy. Those President's were very pro-gun and its a shame in my opinion that most Democrats don't feel the same as those two President's.
    You're kidding right? The gun control movement practically started under FDR. The original proposed versions of the National Firearms Act, (supported by the FDR administration), would have required handguns to be subject to the same regulations as short barreled rifles and machineguns. The whole purpose behind the bill containing provisions for handguns and short barreled firearms was to make it hard to have concealable firearms. Handguns only got removed from the bill because they wouldn't have been able to pass it otherwise.

A $200 tax stamp was also a much more formidable barrier to purchase back then then it is today... $200 in 1934 dollars is like $3300 in today's dollars.

The FDR administration was an administration that pretty much wanted to make guns as difficult as possible to obtain. The ATF even describes that the purpose to the NFA was to make the NFA regulated firearms impossible to obtain: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/

While the NFA was enacted by Congress as an exercise of its authority to tax, the NFA had an underlying purpose unrelated to revenue collection. As the legislative history of the law discloses, its underlying purpose was to curtail, if not prohibit, transactions in NFA firearms. Congress found these firearms to pose a significant crime problem because of their frequent use in crime, particularly the gangland crimes of that era such as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. The $200 making and transfer taxes on most NFA firearms were considered quite severe and adequate to carry out Congress’ purpose to discourage or eliminate transactions in these firearms. The $200 tax has not changed since 1934.
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ms+Act+of+1934
    http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 08-03-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Ron Paul Meets Thomas Jefferson

Dreamer's post made me think of this.

It will give you a laugh. Especially the part where TJ asks Ron why they don't just drag Bernanke out..<snip>....like he did.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcZPRpm5wHI

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhIuxFtWYAA
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast