• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul for president

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wait, I'm still confused.....what's a whack doodle?!?!?!? Lol

If I had to choose I would take Ron Paul over Rick Perry or Obama.

jayspapa

He is considered a wacko because that is the way the left leaning media has portrayed him. They have taken things he has said out of context.

Ron Paul is all about getting Gov't out of our lives and back to what it should be. Therefore the liberals are afraid of him and attack him as often as possible. After all , tell a lie repeatedly and long enough people will start to believe.

He will get my vote .

Dreamer

Anyone who votes for a candidate other than Ron Paul should be charged with "domestic terrorism" for aiding and abetting treason and sedition against the Republic, because EVERYONE on the Republican ticket (other than Ron Paul) is a traitor to the Union.

Rick Perry is someone you should run away from as you can. He was one of the big "movers and shakers" behind the NAFTA Superhighway, and the Trans Texas Corridor which is a toll road that was handed to a Spanish company.

Perry mandated that all school girls in TX be required to get Gardasil vaccines in order to attend a public school in TX.

Perry killed the anti-TSA bill in the TX Legislature last session.

He is an avowed globalist, a Bilderberger (2007 and 2011), and a member of the CFR. He is essentially a major "buttboy" for the Banksters, and is doing everything in his power to destroy the economy, sovereignty and honor of the State of Texas, and the USA.

I'd vote for Obama before I'd vote for Perry...

Ron Paul-2012
Any other vote is a vote for feudalism.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Would be nice to see more pro-gun Democrats these days. I know their are some that are but not much these days.

Back in the old days there was, like President Franklin D. Roosevelt and President John F. Kennedy. Those President's were very pro-gun and its a shame in my opinion that most Democrats don't feel the same as those two President's.

You're kidding right? The gun control movement practically started under FDR. The original proposed versions of the National Firearms Act, (supported by the FDR administration), would have required handguns to be subject to the same regulations as short barreled rifles and machineguns. The whole purpose behind the bill containing provisions for handguns and short barreled firearms was to make it hard to have concealable firearms. Handguns only got removed from the bill because they wouldn't have been able to pass it otherwise.

A $200 tax stamp was also a much more formidable barrier to purchase back then then it is today... $200 in 1934 dollars is like $3300 in today's dollars.

The FDR administration was an administration that pretty much wanted to make guns as difficult as possible to obtain. The ATF even describes that the purpose to the NFA was to make the NFA regulated firearms impossible to obtain: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/

While the NFA was enacted by Congress as an exercise of its authority to tax, the NFA had an underlying purpose unrelated to revenue collection. As the legislative history of the law discloses, its underlying purpose was to curtail, if not prohibit, transactions in NFA firearms. Congress found these firearms to pose a significant crime problem because of their frequent use in crime, particularly the gangland crimes of that era such as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. The $200 making and transfer taxes on most NFA firearms were considered quite severe and adequate to carry out Congress’ purpose to discourage or eliminate transactions in these firearms. The $200 tax has not changed since 1934.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/National+Firearms+Act+of+1934
http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Paul. He is a whack-a-doodle that will get zero support from me in the primary process.

Is eye95 going to defend is name calling of the Ron Paul? I'm not trying to start an argument. If there is a legit reason for him to be seen this way I want to know. Perhaps eye95 knows something I don't. I use to think Ron Paul was whacked when I was a NeoCon, since then gun ownership has turned me into a freedom hungry constitution lover and Ron Paul is the only one that fits with my views. So eye95, please, come back and tell me what you know that I don't. I don't know it all and I am ALWAYS open to other opinions.

dmatting

Ron Paul has my vote. He has also received some campaign donations from me - something I would never do for a politician and will likely never do again. As a matter of fact, I have my Ron Paul 2012 shirt on right now. :banana:

Huck

As much as I'd like to see Ron Paul in the White House I hold little hope of his winning. That's mostly because the leftstream media will make him a non-contender by not giving him any coverage, like they did in '08.

IMHO, the 2012 election is going to be a "get Oblamer out of office at all costs" event more that it'll be to get a good Conservative as POTUS. Sadly, there dos'nt appear to be any decient candidates to run against the turd. Anyway, I'm going to vote for whoever, barring Romney, has the best chance of defeating Oretard.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
As much as I'd like to see Ron Paul in the White House I hold little hope of his winning. That's mostly because the leftstream media will make him a non-contender by not giving him any coverage, like they did in '08.

IMHO, the 2012 election is going to be a "get Oblamer out of office at all costs" event more that it'll be to get a good Conservative as POTUS. Sadly, there dos'nt appear to be any decient candidates to run against the turd. Anyway, I'm going to vote for whoever, barring Romney, has the best chance of defeating Oretard.

If he wins Ames this year it will be pretty hard for them to ignore him. There is also a movement that was started by a couple of articles on HuffPo called "blue republican". There are a bunch of democrats who plan on changing party affiliation for the republican primary and voting for Ron Paul. "'Blue Republicans', Just for a year" is their slogan. The left is attracted by his anti-war and pro civil liberties views.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Hopefully, the vote won't be split between Paul and another such that most people vote against Obama but he winds up back in office anyway.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully, the vote won't be split between Paul and another such that most people vote against Obama but he winds up back in office anyway.

The thing is that there are people out there that will vote for Paul no matter what. Other republican candidates can only wish for such dedication. That's why he's the best nominee.

In any case, I don't buy the line that a vote for a third party (which Paul won't run as) is giving away an election. That's just spin perpetuated by the two parties and MSM to keep us inside the box that is the two party system. I used to believe that crap too but I'm going to vote firmly on principle from now on. If everyone would do that the country would be a lot better place.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
[snip...]

I never voted in my life but I will vote Ron Paul he is the only candidate that cares about what the constitutions says and believes in what the true meaning of 2A is.

[snip...

You have never voted? You have never exercised your responsibility as a citizen in selecting someone to represent you in your local, state and federal governments?

If true, how do you justify that? Just curious....

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You have never voted? You have never exercised your responsibility as a citizen in selecting someone to represent you in your local, state and federal governments?

If true, how do you justify that? Just curious....

IMO if you don't vote, you can't complain.

VW_Factor

IMO if you don't vote, you can't complain.

This is America, everyone will complain whether they vote or not. :p

I went through a long time of not voting, because I didn't want to feel like I was part of the corrupt political machine we have today. I began voting again when Ron Paul started running.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Funny, I don't recall a voting requirement anywhere in the First amendment.

Why didn't you quote the second part of his statement where he said we are free to do as we choose (i.e. complain) I happen to agree with him on this one. People who don't care enough to place their vote may have the right, but certainly not the grounds to complain.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
If they are abstaining from voting as a form of protest they certainly have every right to complain; about the system anyway, and about the most likely B.S. choices they were given. They may also feel that voting legitimizes a corrupt system and decide not to vote based on that. When there are no good choices, I personally write-in a good choice. :)

It's the ones that don't vote because of apathy who should feel ashamed of themselves for not voting.

Last edited: