• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul for president

VW_Factor

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that fully respects the foundation that our country was founded on.

I am sure that many gun owners feel the same way, however don't quite realize it yet.

At any rate. I will continue to vote for him, even if he was not running.

mach1chris

I think he is who I will be voting for. Although I think Rick Perry is respectable as well, but I guess we will see what happens. Anything is better then joke we have now.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
195839_192994704071372_165801456790697_428055_1100712_n.jpg

^ That is all...

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I don't come here for political discussions or candidate hype except as they relate to Open Carry. There are myriad political forums where you can show your support.

Well thanks for your contribution to the thread... :rolleyes:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Well thanks for your contribution to the thread... :rolleyes:

My "contribution" to the thread (and my flagging it) may have been the predicate for the moderator moving it to a more suitable part of the forum. I still suggest that OCDO should remain dedicated to Open Carry and Second Amendment issues (as they pertain to bearing arms) rather than serve as a general purpose forum. It is difficult enough to keep legitimate topics on track without allowing non-germane topics for which there is an almost certain propensity for rigid polar-opposite opinions and personal attacks.

mach1chris

Would be nice to see more pro-gun Democrats these days. I know their are some that are but not much these days.

Back in the old days there was, like President Franklin D. Roosevelt and President John F. Kennedy. Those President's were very pro-gun and its a shame in my opinion that most Democrats don't feel the same as those two President's.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Heck yeah I'm voting for him!

He's also the most pro-gun presidential candidate so that fit's in with OCDO quite nicely. Only Ron thinks airlines should be able to allow private citizens to carry protection on flights. 9-11 may never have happened had that been allowed, or at least if the pilots had been allowed.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Heck yeah I'm voting for him!

He's also the most pro-gun presidential candidate so that fit's in with OCDO quite nicely. Only Ron thinks airlines should be able to allow private citizens to carry protection on flights. 9-11 may never have happened had that been allowed, or at least if the pilots had been allowed.

Case in point: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=45185

eye95

If it comes down to Paul v. Obama, I'll hold my nose and vote for Paul. He is a whack-a-doodle that will get zero support from me in the primary process.

Actually, in the general election, it would be more a matter of my voting against Obama than voting for Paul. In the last election, I voted for Palin for Veep, not for McCain for prez.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
As far as I have seen Ron Paul is 100% constitution. Why do you have this "whack-a-doodle" view of him?

sudden valley gunner

As far as I have seen Ron Paul is 100% constitution. Why do you have this "whack-a-doodle" view of him?

Because Ron Paul disagrees with Statist republican viewpoints. :rolleyes: (only guessing) Praying for war says it's because his followers are kooky and names the one group of conspiracy theorist that would vote for him. I am not a conspiracy nut, but would rather align myself with them than all the other anti-liberty unconstitutional candidates out there and the myriads of kooky, whack-a-doodles that vote for them.

I never voted in my life but I will vote Ron Paul he is the only candidate that cares about what the constitutions says and believes in what the true meaning of 2A is.

If Ron Paul wasn't the candidate our choice would be between a turd sandwich and a douche bag, I wouldn't hold my nose because I wouldn't go near the voting booth for either one.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/154582/debate-2004

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ron Paul!

Not sure where the whack-doodle views are coming from. I've read two of his books. Read his commentary on the economic situation, The Fed, watched too many of his interviews to count.

Seems a pretty solid, thoughtful fellow to me.

I guess WhackDoodleApe would advocate voting for a big-spending, big promising, establishment-supporting, debt-raising, war-promoting, false-promising, looting expropriator.

Sorry, I'm just not willing to sic someone like that on my fellow Americans. Loads of sarcastic thanks in advance to everybody who might vote for such a candidate, siccing them on me.

Last edited: