• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Saturday luncheon. 08-06-11

Sabotage70

This time I figured I would change it up a little bit.

There's a Cafe' Rio Across the street from UNLV on Maryland parkway. It's close to the center of town and I think it's in a great location.

Lets meet up at 11:00 am. and go from there.

Cafe' Rio has really good Mexican food made to order.

The Big Guy

I am going to try my best to get there, but Saturday's are real hard for me. I have so many irons in the fire now that some days I forget what I'm supposed to be doing. I have some ideas I would like to bring up to the open carry crowd about possible future efforts to change the policies in Clark County. It is important for as many to attend as possible to kick around ideas. In whatever level you can, get involved.

TBG

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
NRA High Power practice at the Nellis AFB range.

Most weekends will have me in conflict with some match or other...

PantherWoods

Man I wish I could make it today and get a chance to meet everyone but I gotta work a double today, I will definately have to try to make the next one tho

28kfps

Thanks Sabotage for arranging another great meet up. We ended up with 6 people. The food was great. Don’t Tread On Me had some interesting data on the county parks and is trying to meet up with one of the commissioners. Vegassteve updated us on the library carry issues. They (the libray person) try to buffalo Steve by combining bits and pieces of NRSs for the most part sending out bogus answers hoping he will go away. Vegassteve appears to be up to the challenge and confuses them by replying with correct data and questions they keep whishing he had not ask.

No one in the restaurant had a problem with 6 open carried firearms. As I was getting a drink a younger lady did politely asked me if I was a policeman. Of course, I said no, thinking the next thing she was going to say was, if you are not law enforcement we do not allow firearms in our facility.

Turned out to be a customer and her 7-year-old son asked her if we were police. She had told him no, but was not sure. She said her son was thinking the only people that carried guns were the bad guys and LEOs. She turned to her son and said, see they are not police and told her son that it was legal for people to carry open. This mom impressed us. She knew the law and was helping her young son to understand.

Among the serious conversations, we had some good laughs and general get to know conversations. It was good to meet one of our first timers BigAuvGlock23. I enjoyed it. Cannot speak for the others however everyone appeared to have a good time.

Last edited:

Sabotage70

To be honest with you guys. I didn't know if Cafe Rio was OC friendly or not. Luckily they are. ;)

It was I very nice positive encounter. I'm so glad everything turned out so well and we had a new face show up.

PM sent to Miles.

If anyone else is interested in IDPA. The pistol match is next weekend.