• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Hike?

Px4er

I made a decision this year to not buy a combo license next year. I will stick to crabbing. But I'll let you know if I go down to Redondo. Or Dash Point and we can visit with GogoDawgs.

I didn't buy any license this year haha. But if it comes down to it, and its the only way I can OC. 40 bucks well spent.

1245A Defender

And,,,

i am not a lawyer, But
i think using 9.41.042 (5) (b) a 17 yr old could open carry, loaded, hiking in the woods.

IF accompanied by an 18 yr old, with the permission of the parent.

the 18 yr old doesnt need to carry too, but
can open or conceal carry under 9.41.060 (8)...

sudden valley gunner

i am not a lawyer, But
i think using 9.41.042 (5) (b) a 17 yr old could open carry, loaded, hiking in the woods.

IF accompanied by an 18 yr old, with the permission of the parent.

the 18 yr old doesnt need to carry too, but
can open or conceal carry under 9.41.060 (8)...

That's the way I read it too...but I am not a lawyer either.

sudden valley gunner

Well of course i would spend some range time first! Silly goose.

I know...just making sure others who may be reading this thread about a 17 yr. old hiking with a gun have the same understanding. Lots of people (including the local POPO) who are not necessarily pro gun read this forum.

The Big Dog

OC Hike?----Another Thread Hijacked

The thread “OC Hike?” started by gaarry was looking for OC people that might want to get together for an OC Hike. Instead of posts about hiking the thread was hijacked by other Forum readers for a totally different topic. At posting #7 Green turned this thread into yet another legal debate between all the usual “Want to be Lawyers”. As if that was not bad enough, at posting #16 gaarry was adding to the hijacking of his own thread. What’s wrong with this picture? Makes for boring reading, having to weed through all of the BS trying to find postings on the original topic.

Of the first 32 postings only 5 have talked about an OC Hike and the rest have been devoted to the thoughts and replies of the Want to be Lawyers. Seems to be a pattern of so many of the threads of this forum. Not saying a debate over the different laws and such is not a good thing, I just feel that debate should have its own thread.

Px4er

Well lets get this thread back on track shall we?

You guys think the weather will still be moderately okay in Oct?

The Big Dog

I try to hike year round as do many others I see along the trail. Yes, the numbers of people are far less than in the summer but you see far more with the leaves off the trees. The same trail you hike in the summer looks way different in the winter. I do try to avoid days of heavy rain fall but beyond that, it’s all good.

You may not see the gun under the shirt but it is there. Yes, it was snowing on the Ledge at Rattlesnake Lake that day.

My first attempt at adding a picture, I hope it works.

Attachments

• DSCF0815.jpg
    DSCF0815.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 98

Px4er

I try to hike year round as do many others I see along the trail. Yes, the numbers of people are far less than in the summer but you see far more with the leaves off the trees. The same trail you hike in the summer looks way different in the winter. I do try to avoid days of heavy rain fall but beyond that, it’s all good.

You may not see the gun under the shirt but it is there. Yes, it was snowing on the Ledge at Rattlesnake Lake that day.

My first attempt at adding a picture, I hope it works.

Oh.. You mean.. This ledge..?

n764339867_427894_9112.jpg

The Big Dog

The picture on post #36 was taken 4/3/2010 from the second viewpoint above The Ledge. The picture is looking towards Rattlesnake Lake with The Ledge below in the background.

The pictures attached to this post were taken on Little Mt. Si last year on October 13, 2010 a sunny but crisp day for a hike.

I say plan a hike in October and let it be “Weather Permitting" and see how many takers you get. I'll go, weather permitting.

Look close.....9mm on my left hip.

Attachments

• Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010005.jpg
    Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010005.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 83
  • Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010008.jpg
    Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010008.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010018.jpg
    Little Mt. Si 10-17-2010018.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

The thread “OC Hike?” started by gaarry was looking for OC people that might want to get together for an OC Hike. Instead of posts about hiking the thread was hijacked by other Forum readers for a totally different topic. At posting #7 Green turned this thread into yet another legal debate between all the usual “Want to be Lawyers”. As if that was not bad enough, at posting #16 gaarry was adding to the hijacking of his own thread. What’s wrong with this picture? Makes for boring reading, having to weed through all of the BS trying to find postings on the original topic.

Of the first 32 postings only 5 have talked about an OC Hike and the rest have been devoted to the thoughts and replies of the Want to be Lawyers. Seems to be a pattern of so many of the threads of this forum. Not saying a debate over the different laws and such is not a good thing, I just feel that debate should have its own thread.

I noticed that SVG assumed gaarry would be 18 at that point, but instead of making him wait til then, I hinted and gave options for not having to wait so long.

I apologize for researching laws and digging deep to grasp whatever BS I can to exercise the same right most on this forum enjoy every day. :rolleyes:

Trigger Dr

BUSTED!!! The self appointed forum police have caught you. Welcome to the forum Big Dog. Stick around and be a bit more tolerant. You may gain some insight to the personality of the forum and members.